2022 Coaching Carousel

Wow, David Shaw resigns.  Will be really interesting to see who they get to take that job.  Happy to see Nebraska lock up Ruhle because I could easily see him going to be a place like Stanford.  I think Shaw is a really good coach, I do know that Stanford is a tough place to recruit too but I do think he missed on a lot of assistant coaching hires and seemed to gravitate towards Stanford guys for better or worse.  

I'd imagine Stanford's first call will be to a guy like Dave Clawson at WF.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35119886/david-shaw-resigns-12-seasons-stanford-football-hc

• Plus1 2

Just wanted to put this out there, but how does the people of Oklahoma feel right now?  Your old coach is going to lead USC more likely into the CFP.  I guess that this says that if your thinking about leaving your conference, maybe consult with your HC first.  I don't feel a bit sorry for OU and Texas going forward.  They just sealed there fate.  Venables is also already on the hot seat, maybe he should have stayed put at Clemson as well.

Greed that Texas and OU have is so ridiculous it is funny.  Reminds of another school..........lets hope for traditions sake they don't encounter the same things we did by joining a conference that really doesn't want you, but will take your name and money.

Riley is a really good coach, with a scheme that works where ever he goes.  USC is going to be around for awhile now.  they might have just replaced Clemson and OU as a title contender each season.  Welcome to the Big 10!

28 minutes ago, GSG said:

I wonder why we never tried to get Luke Fickell ourselves? I mean it always seems like Wisconsin is always one step ahead of Nebraska. Barry Alvarez was the best thing to happen to Wisconsin bc he literally showed them our blueprint for success. Pound the rock and play a physical defense. If they get Luke, then I will be more upset with the fact that we didn't try ourselves or if we did and he saw the writing on the wall and said nope this place is a dumpster fire not for me but who knows :dunno

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I wonder why we never tried to get Luke Fickell ourselves? I mean it always seems like Wisconsin is always one step ahead of Nebraska. Barry Alvarez was the best thing to happen to Wisconsin bc he literally showed them our blueprint for success. Pound the rock and play a physical defense. If they get Luke, then I will be more upset with the fact that we didn't try ourselves or if we did and he saw the writing on the wall and said nope this place is a dumpster fire not for me but who knows :dunno

Fickell would be an amazing hire for anyone, but especially them. Let's hope he rejects their advances. 

17 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

How do you know we didn’t?

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1