2022 Coaching Carousel

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I understand why you say that but their have been cases where coaches don't always go back to their alma mater when the job opens up.

Yea, I just think that's the only one. Assuming he does well here and they still want him. He didn't just go there. He was born and raised in State College. 

I know nothing but…

A) I’m guessing Trev talked to Fickell and there was mutual interest.  Fickell’s name came up a lot locally and nationally the last week or 2 of the search.  Now, what we don’t know is if Trev told Fickell “no” or Fickell told Trev “no”.

B) I find it hard to believe Wisky will only pay Fickell $6M. He was making $5M at Cincy and I’m sure they could have matched that.  It has to be more than that. If not he really wanted to leave Cincy.  And he needs to fire his agent.

C) Rhule and Fickell are both Grade A hires imo. I’m kinda pissed Wisky got him.  Leonard’s game management (vs us and MN) left a lot to be desired.  But kudos to the Wisky AD for taking a swing.

• Plus1 3
16 minutes ago, Red Five said:

C) Rhule and Fickell are both Grade A hires imo. I’m kinda pissed Wisky got him.  Leonard’s game management (vs us and MN) left a lot to be desired.  But kudos to the Wisky AD for taking a swing.

I’m shocked that Wisconsin was able to hire Fickell, but I agree it was a heck of a hire to try and take Wisconsin to the next level. It may not work out, but I think there was a ceiling with Chryst/Leohnard.