2022 Coaching Carousel

8 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Do you realize how much this is going to suck playing two coaches that were highly regarded in being Nebraskas next head coach.  I hope to god Rhule is 4-0 when getting to that michigan game.  Otherwise a whole lot of doubt is going to be placed on rhules head.

Ehh, it’s a short term blip. Minnesota is in much better shape than NU at this point. While Minny will be losing talent, Fleck has his culture established, which is what Rhule will be focused on. CU’s short term success may be better if Deion is able to bring in guys through the transfer portal, but I don’t know if that’s a long-term success strategy. Rhule could start 0-2 and it wouldn’t mean much for his long-term success at NU. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1

“Coach Prime wants to stay down south “

”Fickle won’t leave the state of Ohio “

”Trev is getting a lot of ‘No’ responses “

”There are only a couple jobs Rhule would consider and none are currently open “

”Wisconsin is locking up Leonhard so nobody else gets him”

I swear I heard those things.  At one point I actually talked myself into believing the one about Trev.   Apparently BS makes coaching searches fun for fans. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Decoy73 said:

“Coach Prime wants to stay down south “

”Fickle won’t leave the state of Ohio “

”Trev is getting a lot of ‘No’ responses “

”There are only a couple jobs Rhule would consider and none are currently open “

”Wisconsin is locking up Leonhard so nobody else gets him”

I swear I heard those things.  At one point I actually talked myself into believing the one about Trev.   Apparently BS makes coaching searches fun for fans. 

Those and more!

2 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

I did because i got 6 laughing emojis out of my post which made me thing some of you thought that was a ridiculous take.  Didnt take the time to delete when i started the post.

On occasion there’s overreactions where people freak out. We’re allowed to have differing views and perspectives offering thoughts on that others might be interested in!

4 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

How about Leonhard won’t leave Wisconsin? He may be doing just that and I think we should lock him up as our next DC and punch Wisconsin in the face at the same time!

It sounded like we did reach out to Leonard. It would be very nice to get him. I think there was discussion that he might remain in Wisconsin and serve in some capacity with the Packers. It seems he hasn’t determined what his next move is.

4 minutes ago, M.A. said:

It sounded like we did reach out to Leonard. It would be very nice to get him. I think there was discussion that he might remain in Wisconsin and serve in some capacity with the Packers. It seems he hasn’t determined what his next move is.

We have seen all sorts of crazy things happen. Heck Rhule was rumored to be off and then on.  We have to get it right for DC and OL. These are arguably the two most important staff positions to fill so I hope we are waiting for some homeruns here. 

• Plus1 1