2022 Coaching Carousel

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

That perfectly needed Deion thread is really a burr under your saddle, isn’t it?

Oh gosh no. Not at all. In fact I was looking for the Deion thread and got confused that it wasn't even in the same forum as the Coaching Carousel that spawned it, assuming the admin criteria would apply to both.

I know how we hate false dichotomies around here.

Now go get your shine box. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
26 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Oh gosh no. Not at all. In fact I was looking for the Deion thread and got confused that it wasn't even in the same forum as the Coaching Carousel that spawned it, assuming the admin criteria would apply to both.

The Prime Time thread wasn't originally here.  It was in the Rumorville.  But, as it's not a rumor anymore, so ....

26 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I know how we hate false dichotomies around here.

If you're going to try to throw something back in my face at least use the terms correctly.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 3

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

If you're going to try to throw something back in my face at least use the terms correctly.

Dichotomy, from the ancient Greek "to cleave in two" defines the act of separation in order to highlight difference.

A "false dichotomy" would therefore be to banish discussion of one non-Nebraska football coach to the hinterland of Other Sports, while allowing discussion of every other non-Nebraska football coach to flourish in the bosom of the Nebraska Football thread. Since the criteria is the same, one can only suspect the "cleaver" of a non-egalitarian motive or preference. Hence "false."

Honestly Mav, I don't give a s#!t. It's the off-season, we already have our coach, and I'm trying to avoid work. I did appear to me that the Deion-haters had gotten even more over-heated than the Deion-defenders they were accusing of obsession and I just couldn't stop myself.

I hope that nothing I've written to this point would give the impression that I don't hate the pot-addled goat-f#&%ers at Colorado. 

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 2
22 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Dichotomy, from the ancient Greek "to cleave in two" defines the act of separation in order to highlight difference.

A "false dichotomy" would therefore be to banish discussion of one non-Nebraska football coach to the hinterland of Other Sports, while allowing discussion of every other non-Nebraska football coach to flourish in the bosom of the Nebraska Football thread. Since the criteria is the same, one can only suspect the "cleaver" of a non-egalitarian motive or preference. Hence "false."

Honestly Mav, I don't give a s#!t. It's the off-season, we already have our coach, and I'm trying to avoid work. I did appear to me that the Deion-haters had gotten even more over-heated than the Deion-defenders they were accusing of obsession and I just couldn't stop myself.

I hope that nothing I've written to this point would give the impression that I don't hate the pot-addled goat-f#&%ers at Colorado. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 5