2022 Coaching Carousel

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Very difficult situation. Need to let everyone mourn the loss of Leach.  But, at the same time, the program needs to move forward and quickly.  I would hate to be the PR person. 

I saw a tweet somewhere today that was kinda sad. Miss St's bowl game is in Tampa at the Bucs stadium which has a pirate ship in it :( 

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Can I ask why the hire is against their culture? 

Purdue is known for offense, QB play, receivers.  I’d argue that was their culture and identity. Now if this DC from Illinois can lock down division foes in the west like he did prior then good for them. But I would have continued to build on their identity on offense. 

On 12/14/2022 at 5:53 PM, GSG said:

I saw a tweet somewhere today that was kinda sad. Miss St's bowl game is in Tampa at the Bucs stadium which has a pirate ship in it :( 

Even sadder is he was 3 wins away from being qualified for the coaches hall of fame. According to what I saw on Reddit you need a .600 winning percentage and he was at .596. Hopefully there's an exception made because you can't tell the story of college football in the early 2000's without him.

• Plus1 2

USA Today grades this season's head coaching hires.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2022/12/15/college-football-grades-new-2023-fbs-head-coaches/10879649002/

A

Matt Rhule, Nebraska

Rhule is an out-of-the-park triumph for Nebraska at another crucial juncture in the program's history — the Cornhuskers have continued to fall down the Big Ten standings and need someone with Rhule's impressive track record of quickly flipping losing teams into some of the hottest commodities in the country. As he did at Temple and Baylor, look for Rhule to build from the bottom up and bring Nebraska back to the forefront.

They only gave out one other A... which went to another team in our division.

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, Toe said:

USA Today grades this season's head coaching hires.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2022/12/15/college-football-grades-new-2023-fbs-head-coaches/10879649002/

They only gave out one other A... which went to another team in our division.

You have to be encouraged by the recruiting efforts of coach Rhule and his staff. They’re really getting after it.

It seems like we’ve gotten a really, really good coach. 

• Plus1 4
9 hours ago, M.A. said:

You have to be encouraged by the recruiting efforts of coach Rhule and his staff. They’re really getting after it.

Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves. We're still not even in the top 50 recruiting classes, let alone our typical top 25 finish. And since it's a transition class, we'll probably have some guys that we added late and rushed to the altar with, who might not stick around long-term.

• TBH 1
16 minutes ago, Toe said:

Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves. We're still not even in the top 50 recruiting classes, let alone our typical top 25 finish. And since it's a transition class, we'll probably have some guys that we added late and rushed to the altar with, who might not stick around long-term.

If we get the 5-6 guys we are rumored to be looking good at getting, it will bump us to around 29th or 30th rated class.