Jump to content

2022 Coaching Carousel


Recommended Posts


16 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

And no better place than Wisky -  Time for Nebraska to rid itself of the shackles and curse and rise to the top.

Joseph takes over, the team likes him, they play more aggressive, we win, Wisconsin fires their coach and takes over the curse.......life is good.

  • Oh Yeah! 1
Link to comment

41 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

aTm giving Jimbo that ridiculous contract is one of the most laughable things in all of college football. But, that's pretty much par for the course for aTm

 

Pretty sure Michigan State giving Mel Tucker his contract would be the most laughable.

  • Plus1 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

Here's my projection of all the HC changes this offseason

 

Arizona St - Josh Gattis, Miami OC

Auburn - Kevin Steele, Miami DC

Nebraska - Matt Rhule, Carolina HC

Wisconsin - Jim Leonhard, Interim

Indiana - Sean Lewis, Kent State HC

Colorado - Tony Alford, OSU AHC

Louisville - Jeff Brohm, Purdue HC

Purdue - Ryan Walters, UIUC DC

Georgia Tech - Brent Key, Interim

North Texas - Eric Morris - Wazzu OC

South Florida - HCSF (not kidding. I bet he has more than one offer on this list. Texas St, NT, and Charlotte Message Boards all want him) 

Navy - Brent Davis, Army OC

West Virginia - Jamey Chadwell, Coastal HC

Coastal Carolina - Willy Korn, Coastal OC 

Texas State - Colby Carthel, Stephen F. Austin HC

Charlotte - Scott Satterfield, Louisville HC

Bowling Green - Barry Lunney, UIUC OC

Stanford - Mike Bloomgren, Rice HC

Rice - A kid playing Xbox

Kent State - A kid playing Xbox but not making money doing it

 

 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, TonkaSker said:

Here's my projection of all the HC changes this offseason

 

Arizona St - Josh Gattis, Miami OC

Auburn - Kevin Steele, Miami DC

Nebraska - Matt Rhule, Carolina HC

Wisconsin - Jim Leonhard, Interim

Indiana - Sean Lewis, Kent State HC

Colorado - Tony Alford, OSU AHC

Louisville - Jeff Brohm, Purdue HC

Purdue - Ryan Walters, UIUC DC

Georgia Tech - Brent Key, Interim

North Texas - Eric Morris - Wazzu OC

South Florida - HCSF (not kidding. I bet he has more than one offer on this list. Texas St, NT, and Charlotte Message Boards all want him) 

Navy - Brent Davis, Army OC

West Virginia - Jamey Chadwell, Coastal HC

Coastal Carolina - Willy Korn, Coastal OC 

Texas State - Colby Carthel, Stephen F. Austin HC

Charlotte - Scott Satterfield, Louisville HC

Bowling Green - Barry Lumey, UIUC OC

Stanford - Mike Bloomgren, Rice HC

Rice - A kid playing Xbox

Kent State - A kid playing Xbox but not making money doing it

 

 

 

 

Not while Cam is still there.

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

 

Not while Cam is still there.

 

Yeah fair point, just a lot of G5 texas jobs opening up this offseason. There's gonna be a sweepstakes for Carthel and outside of that Eric Morris is the first that came to mind. Could see Fuente taking a job of that stature. Maybe coach applewhite honestly?? They're gonna go at Morris pretty hard. He's a great candidate for any Texas G5.

Link to comment

2 minutes ago, TonkaSker said:

 

Yeah fair point, just a lot of G5 Texas jobs opening up this offseason. There's gonna be a sweepstakes for Carthel and outside of that Eric Morris is the first that came to mind. Could see Fuente taking a job of that stature. Maybe coach Applewhite honestly?? They're gonna go at Morris pretty hard. He's a great candidate for any Texas G5.

 

I honestly don't see Colby leaving SFA any time soon either. I mean down here SFA is better the Texas State lol But stranger things Happen.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, BaytownHusker said:

 

I honestly don't see Colby leaving SFA any time soon either. I mean down here SFA is better the Texas State lol But stranger things Happen.

 

He's not making a ton of money at SFA although he's winning a ton of games. It would be a hard pull but I could see them easily tripling his salary.

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

 

I know Brohm went to Louisville, but a BIG/SEC coach is not going to voluntarily leave for a mid-tier ACC/Big12/PAC job. 

 

Louisville is going to make him a lot of money when they fire Satt via extension or salary. I could see Charles Huff in that role. Brohm is probably the least likely on the list but it's possible.

Link to comment

 

1 hour ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

 

aTm giving Jimbo that ridiculous contract is one of the most laughable things in all of college football. But, that's pretty much par for the course for aTm

That's why "Just throw $15 million/year at Urban" is a horrible idea.  Trying to buy success hasn't worked for the most part, in any sport.  And honestly you throw that kind of money at any person it's hard to stay hungry.  Also that's why it's easy to like Mickey right now.  He knows he isn't owed anything. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...