2022 Coaching Carousel

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

I used to work at a Public Ivy, and they tried to squeeze a hell of a lot of juice from that designation. The school was a pretty good academic institution in reality, but seeing "Public Ivy" all over the place (marketing emails, banners on light poles around campus, mentioned in administrator speeches) really felt like they were trying to hard to make that mean something.

Lots of schools pull stuff like that.  My brothers both went to an all male school that called themselves the Harvard of the Midwest.  

17 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Lots of schools pull stuff like that.  My brothers both went to an all male school that called themselves the Harvard of the Midwest.  

In the early '80s the UNL Chancellor declared that Nebraska would become "The Harvard of the Plains."  I remember the Daily Nebraskan mocking it mercilessly, and the phrase went away pretty quickly. 

• TBH 1
5 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

In the early '80s the UNL Chancellor declared that Nebraska would become "The Harvard of the Plains."  I remember the Daily Nebraskan mocking it mercilessly, and the phrase went away pretty quickly. 

My 2 sons went to Tulsa.  Tulsa always billed itself as the  Ivy League school on the Plains.  TU did have some pretty good rankings academically especially in Petroleum Eng and IT and finance, so it wasn't a huge stretch, but it was a stretch still.  

16 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Ha, I was on campus in the early 80s and don’t even remember that.