Rutgers Week Pressers

The vibes I'm getting here is that this staff is really leveraging the fact that they've got nothing to lose.

Felt like we played that way on Saturday night, outside of the string of drives in the 3rd quarter on offense that got screwed up by penalties.

Go blow Rutgers' doors off.

• Oh Yeah! 2

When I watch Busch speak and MJ speak, I wonder what was going through their minds when they listened to Frost's press conferences.   These guys speak like real coaches that speak with authority and accountability and knowledge.  

Busch talks about making the D was always lined up properly - spikes in the ground.  People not running around unprepared to defend.  This seems to basic but it appears the former DC was not about basics.  Thus the results. 

I am excited about a Friday night game.  It's up to the staff and team's preparations this week..... and then we will see how they respond and go play on the road.  

The other interesting part about it, you really don't know what will happen, until they kickoff and start playing.  Would love to see the Huskers pull off another win.  Might see another 4 quarters, grinding type of game.  

Cannot wait!

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, admo said:

I am excited about a Friday night game.  It's up to the staff and team's preparations this week..... and then we will see how they respond and go play on the road.  

The other interesting part about it, you really don't know what will happen, until they kickoff and start playing.  Would love to see the Huskers pull off another win.  Might see another 4 quarters, grinding type of game.  

Cannot wait!

Dittos.  I will always look forward to Husker fb.  But it’s does feel better to not feel almost hopeless about the next game and or season. The defense played Sat like I expected from the season start.    

I agree with Whipple about being frustrated because I felt the team could play at least as well all year as it did vs Indy.  I’m hoping that his but chewing and telling them in no uncertain terms they are capable of being much better in offense.  I also agree the players needed to be sternly reminded they only get so many chances.  Stop wasting them when the CAN get it done.  The brutal penalties were unacceptable in game 5 after playing penalty free in Dublin.  Yes officiating varies but most our penalties were clearly called correctly.  Effort was GREAT.  Now play smarter every snap.  Whipple believes in them. They need to believe in themselves.  

1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Dittos.  I will always look forward to Husker fb.  But it’s does feel better to not feel almost hopeless about the next game and or season. The defense played Sat like I expected from the season start.    

I agree with Whipple about being frustrated because I felt the team could play at least as well all year as it did vs Indy.  I’m hoping that his but chewing and telling them in no uncertain terms they are capable of being much better in offense.  I also agree the players needed to be sternly reminded they only get so many chances.  Stop wasting them when the CAN get it done.  The brutal penalties were unacceptable in game 5 after playing penalty free in Dublin.  Yes officiating varies but most our penalties were clearly called correctly.  Effort was GREAT.  Now play smarter every snap.  Whipple believes in them. They need to believe in themselves.  

The penalties in the first half were frustrating.  But, I think we cut way down on them in the second half.  Whatever they said at halftime, must have sunk in without deflating the team.

• Plus1 1