Matt Davison leaving UNL

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

This isn't surprising.  I've never understood the hatred for him with some fans.  He helped bring back the coach that 99% of the fans wanted.  Then, almost instantly, fans didn't like him.

I never liked him because I always got the sense he was a grifter coasting off of one single moment when he was 18 years old for the rest of his life.

I was glad he was around in a utilitarian sense to help seal the deal with Frost, and he used to actually be a pretty good color guy, but he wore out his welcome about a decade ago.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

19 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

I never liked him because I always got the sense he was a grifter coasting off of one single moment when he was 18 years old for the rest of his life.

I was glad he was around in a utilitarian sense to help seal the deal with Frost, and he used to actually be a pretty good color guy, but he wore out his welcome about a decade ago.

At least Johnny Rodgers had a great NU career and a Heisman Trophy to grift off for the next 50 years.  Your description of Davison is spot on.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, admo said:

I am in the minority here.  I liked him on the radio broadcast.  Some of yall can't stand him as you have said this much over the years, whenever his name comes up.  But not me.  I like him and he will be missed.  

You understand he was being paid over half a million a year ? ...to drink with Scott and Moos

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, Big Red Viking said:

You understand he was being paid over half a million a year ? ...to drink with Scott and Moos

Yeah but who wouldn't take that job?  I mean, even the most holy of the posteres here would take that.

It is not his fault he was offered that job and that money.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah but who wouldn't take that job?  I mean, even the most holy of the posteres here would take that.

Exactly. He isn't everyone's cup of tea, but he loves the team. Actually I'm kind of surprised he is sticking around in even this capacity. 

23 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah I would take it, but I would try to offer some value for what they paid me.  At minimum he should have tried to keep Scott from screwing up.

• Plus1 2
38 minutes ago, Big Red Viking said:

No,  Don't care. So what?

When I was driving a Flatbed on Saturdays and could listen to games, he was very good as an analyst/color commentator for the Husker broadcast.  He brings insight and excitement to the game.  

And, I would drink with them too.  Who cares?

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1