Matt Davison leaving UNL

3 hours ago, admo said:

I am in the minority here.  I liked him on the radio broadcast.  Some of yall can't stand him as you have said this much over the years, whenever his name comes up.  But not me.  I like him and he will be missed.  

Same, he doesnt need to have technical commentry.  You can tell the passion in his voice when the team plays and thats what i like about him.  

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1

2 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

Same, he doesnt need to have technical commentry.  You can tell the passion in his voice when the team plays and thats what i like about him.  

I liked him in his early career. A moment that stands out to me is the 2008 Colorado game with the Henery kick and Suh pick six. 

The last few years have seemed, at least to me, duller and more condescending. His "Yes!" reactions are nice, but uncreative. 

Idk, the last 5 years have been nothing but an abyss, so maybe I'm not being fair to him trying to find positives with our s word product. 

14 minutes ago, 308_Husker said:

I liked him in his early career. A moment that stands out to me is the 2008 Colorado game with the Henery kick and Suh pick six. 

The last few years have seemed, at least to me, duller and more condescending. His "Yes!" reactions are nice, but uncreative. 

Idk, the last 5 years have been nothing but an abyss, so maybe I'm not being fair to him trying to find positives with our s word product. 

Matt had no hesitation criticizing other coaches and their staffs. Not so with his buddy. Plus, he's had bones to pick with pick with those on air in subtle and not so subtle ways that people might not recognize unless they were in the loop. He's a conceited donkey butt as far as I'm concerned. 

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, 308_Husker said:

I don't care for Davison in the least but I can imagine being a color guy for a crappy football team that was once great, especially when you played there when they were great would be kind of soul crushing.  Particularly for a guy like Davison who's entire professional existence is pretty much rooted in his time as a player at NU.

Hey look at that, I said something nice about Matt Davison!  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Matt Davison calling his last Nebraska football game

Matt Davison, who is leaving Nebraska’s athletic department at the end of the month to launch a new NIL collective, announced before Friday night’s game between Nebraska and Rutgers that he was calling his last NU contest on Husker Sports Radio.

Edited by Mavric
Merged threads
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Red Five said:

According to Callahan, Benning will be replacing him for the rest of the year.

Kinda curious how 11am road games will work if he has a Friday night HS game to coach?  Trev gonna pony up for a private jet for a radio announcer?

They said they play one on Thursday, Nebraska has a bye and then Benning has a couple of home games.  So it's only about one playoff game that there is a significant conflict.

• Thanks 1