Matt Davison leaving UNL

10 hours ago, Red Five said:

According to Callahan, Benning will be replacing him for the rest of the year.

Kinda curious how 11am road games will work if he has a Friday night HS game to coach?  Trev gonna pony up for a private jet for a radio announcer?

Oh great...I was hoping Benning would stick to abusing women now he's going to abuse the radio fan base.

• Fire 1

On 10/6/2022 at 1:45 AM, Danimal said:

Seems like he's found the right job. He's proven he can raise money for husker athletics. He's no boyscout but that fits the grey-area world of NIL, it is largely buying/paying-off players under the guise of them marketing themselves afterall. 

Kudos for the Thomas Sowell quote..just got another t-shrit of him over the weekend.  Brilliant man.

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...
57 minutes ago, runningblind said:

F that guy.  These meddlesome losers are a big part of the demise of Nebraska football.

Can't agree enough.  Dudes like that just need to leave well enough alone.  And I do not want any coach that some dude who wanted to keep Frost wants.  Hard pass.  Not a good judge of talent.  Guy doesn't understand the concept of football.  

• Fire 1

Just now, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Another rumor?

I don’t think that’s rumor. Trev didn’t like Peed running the old NIL, as it was poorly ran. But, Peed had the $ so he held a lot of power. Finally, Trev got the backing of Omaha area and other boosters and was able to pull a power play on Peed. That’s why the new NIL out of Omaha was started and the one ran by Davison is basically Peed. 

• Fire 1
5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don’t think that’s rumor. Trev didn’t like Peed running the old NIL, as it was poorly ran. But, Peed had the $ so he held a lot of power. Finally, Trev got the backing of Omaha area and other boosters and was able to pull a power play on Peed. That’s why the new NIL out of Omaha was started and the one ran by Davison is basically Peed. 

I thought Peed was backing the new on, not the old one.

• Plus1 1

30 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The Peeds are funding the new one: 1890 

41 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

This doesn't match up with what you said later.

First you said Trev didn't like what Peed was doing.  Then you said he told Peed to start his own.

Maybe I'm missing something.  But I don't think Peed was really involved with the first one.  But his new one is going to have a lot of the same people working for it.

• Fire 1