Nebraska will win big against Rutgers

15 hours ago, olddominionhusker said:

Has anyone actually seen Rutgers play this year. How is the matchup for us? They are really the only BiG team I haven’t seen for at least one half of play

Watched the BC and Iowa games--Rutgers has a good RB and WR, but they're otherwise pedestrian. I could see them getting, say, 21-24 points on us, and their defense is probably the best we've seen yet this season. 

Having said this, Rutgers is having problems with the QB spot, and Vedral was iffy for today last I knew. He hasn't played any of the games so far this season, and the backups...were okay, I guess.  

I'd like to say a 28-24 win for us is in the cards, but I'm assuming Vedral is QBing for Rutgers. 

• Fire 1

19 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

and their defense is probably the best we've seen yet this season. 

I'm not sure about that.  At least, we haven't seen enough to be able to make this statement.  They have played some really bad offenses and then OSU.  OSU pretty much could have done whatever they wanted against them.

Right now, I would take OU's defense over Rutgers.

On 10/5/2022 at 5:56 PM, Scofrosghost said:

This game should be another momentum builder for Nebraska, and they win by 3 scores. 
The last time we won on the road was against Rutgers in 2020. 
The last time we won back to back games against B1G opponents was in 2018… so yeah we are due 

Rutgers has no answer for their quarterback situation or offense in general. 

Their defense may be worse than ours…IOWA put up 27 on them. 

Over all we are 5-0 against them averaging 31 points a game. 3 of those wins was on the road.
They haven’t put up more than 10 points against anyone in the B1G this year. 
They haven’t won against a B1G opponent at home since 2017
long story short we are riding a wave of fire and energy and Rutgers is down and out right now.
Huskers win and they win big! :bounce

Thanks OP, I've been thinking this all week but not putting it out there in fear of getting the Koolaid treatment.  lol.

I'm with you brother, the offense is going to get it together and its 35-17 or 31-14, something like that.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I was corrected on this earlier this week.  14 of those points were scored by Iowa's defense.  Iowa's offense only scored 13 points.

Yeah I saw that as well. 14 points from Iowas offense seems to be their MO this season regardless of who they are playing. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, B1GRED said:

Thanks OP, I've been thinking this all week but not putting it out there in fear of getting the Koolaid treatment.  lol.

I'm with you brother, the offense is going to get it together and its 35-17 or 31-14, something like that.

I’m new here but I figured I’d get roasted. I couldn’t care less though. I appreciate ya!

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Better Slow down those jets a little. I like the koolaid but this game is as important to Rutgers as it is the Huskers :) (tNUHuskers, like tOSU) anyway, the crowd will be a factor if we don't take control early. Black Out

F*** that.  I'm putting my heart on my sleeve, and allowing myself to spend the day waiting for my Huskers to stomp the Scoreless Knights (i borrowed that from another thread, apologies to whoever I stole it from). I have been guarding myself from heartbreak for too long.  I'm going into tonight fully expecting great things, risk of a broken heart be damned.  GO BIG RED!!!!!

Edited by B1GRED
corected splelling
  • Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1