*** Official Rutgers Game Thread ***

Mavric

36 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

I don't think it matters where they try to run the ball, we can't block and Grant can't outrun D-1 players like he did against North Dakota and Georgia South......remember Grant hasn't really lit up anyone since those two warm up games

I know one guy in particular he lit up today… my word … 

• Oh Yeah! 2
  • TBH 1

25 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It is weird that Brandon Moore and Malcom Hartzog are making plays in the secondary when they were complete unknowns before last week. 

Brandon Moore joined the team 2 weeks into fall camp and hasn’t played anywhere in 4 years, yet played most of the game.

And equally puzzling that Tommi Hill started the first 3 games at CB and now is a WR.

Just now, Red Five said:

Brandon Moore joined the team 2 weeks into fall camp and hasn’t played anywhere in 4 years, yet played most of the game.

And equally puzzling that Tommi Hill started the first 3 games at CB and now is a WR.

Tommi Hill getting the start at the beginning of the season was puzzling. It’s like the coaches just decided to put the best athlete out there, irregardless if he could actually play the position.

I saw #24 out there and I was thinking “who is that???”  Moore may not be great the rest of the season but he made a key INT tonight. 

13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I mean ... Hartzog was getting torched in the first half.

But, he still kept playing and closed out the game. That is the point, there needs to be a mental shift away from losing. He’s a freshman, he’s going to make mistakesZ he needs to learn how to win, they all do.

We win. 
that’s all that matters for the next 36 hours. 

congrats boys. Never ever gave up and found a way to snatch it. The last 6 yrs, that game was a loss all day long. Winning is infectious, but we’ve had a losing infection. 

I haven’t seen these Cornhuskers gut out wins for YEARS. Yet here we are: ugly, glaring, awful terrible mistakes. But winners, none the less. 

Husker Power and good good vibes for a little while at least. 

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, I am I said:

We win. 
that’s all that matters for the next 36 hours. 

congrats boys. Never ever gave up and found a way to snatch it. The last 6 yrs, that game was a loss all day long. Winning is infectious, but we’ve had a losing infection. 

I haven’t seen these Cornhuskers gut out wins for YEARS. Yet here we are: ugly, glaring, awful terrible mistakes. But winners, none the less. 

Husker Power and good good vibes for a little while at least. 

Did you see who they were playing? They will make a documentary about this game in the future when they find out someone was trying to throw it for money. Coaches, players, refs, the colonial reenactment guys. They had to all be in on this

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Did you see who they were playing? They will make a documentary about this game in the future when they find out someone was trying to throw it for money. Coaches, players, refs, the colonial reenactment guys. They had to all be in on this

It's all part of an elaborate scheme! Frost was in on the conspiracy too throwing games for big wig bankers gambling to make a profit on behalf of the university!!! (LOL)

• Oh Yeah! 1
33 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Was he fielding punts? 

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I said he got burned a couple times which he did :dunno  Getting the game clinching interception on a duck pass because the QB was hit doesn’t change that.

Dude’s a true freshman. He’s gonna get better with experience and has already shown flashes of greatness.

and by the way it’s pimpernel, not pumpernickel