1st in the Big 10 West

Indiana are holding their own against Michigan which is a good sign for us. Our defense has been playing well and creating turnovers. All of a sudden our offense is on life support. The issue is definitely not talent as we have NFL talent in Grant and Palmer. The problems stem from our weak OL which cannot protect to save their lives. Whenever they give Thompson enough time, he finds his targets but most of the time he is running for his life. Whipple calls horrible plays. We are built for 3rd and short. Whenever that does not happen, it makes it difficult for us to get 1st downs. If Whipple and the OL get better, we have a great chance of winning or competing in every game. The game against Purdue will be a true measure.

19 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Indiana are holding their own against Michigan which is a good sign for us. Our defense has been playing well and creating turnovers. All of a sudden our offense is on life support. The issue is definitely not talent as we have NFL talent in Grant and Palmer. The problems stem from our weak OL which cannot protect to save their lives. Whenever they give Thompson enough time, he finds his targets but most of the time he is running for his life. Whipple calls horrible plays. We are built for 3rd and short. Whenever that does not happen, it makes it difficult for us to get 1st downs. If Whipple and the OL get better, we have a great chance of winning or competing in every game. The game against Purdue will be a true measure.

Watched Corcoran’s feet get stuck in imaginary cement and he personally allowed a sack.  Is this a stat somewhere?  For every sack, the lineman that allowed it should be itemized 

2 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Watched Corcoran’s feet get stuck in imaginary cement and he personally allowed a sack.  Is this a stat somewhere?  For every sack, the lineman that allowed it should be itemized 

Per PFF, Corcoran has allowed 3 sacks this yera.  Benhart and Teddy have allowed 2.  Bando and Lutovsky have allowed one.

Seriously though, how bad was Frost and Chin as coaches that they lost to a Northwestern team that got pummeled by a horrible Wisconsin team 42-7. I would have never imagined that Frost would be the suckiest most paid coach in Nebraska history. Judging from the last two games, it seems like our players thought so too.

• Plus1 3

After the initial shock (OU week), the team has really shown no I’ll effects of Frost getting booted from the program.  So far, I’d say the team seems relieved and very eager to play with the revamped staff.  The O line is the only team position group that has not responded.  It’s THE most critical, essential, important of a fb team.  It takes the longest to build and or fix.  Maybe we can get an entire O line to transfer en masse in Dec.  from somewhere with their coach?   

Michigan State is toast, so Wisconsin is back in it.

Minnesota at Illinois is "can't miss" TV  (yes, I said that and not ashamed lol)

Huskers have a road task, not easy, at night.  But I think they can learn something from these last two wins to stay focused.  Should be fun.  

I know many on this board do not like Bret Bielema but in his second year at Illinois he has them playing like they have never played before. They are the number one scoring defense in FBS allowing 8.4 pt/game and they have only allowed 10 total points in the second half so far. Bielema is a Big guru. He knows how to get his team ready for Big ten match ups. His players are playing very hard for him and he has an excellent defensive coordinator. I said it last time and someone laughed at me but Illinois is for real. They have a great chance to win the west. They beat Iowa and Wisconsin in back to back games which is more than we have done in a decade now. 

I would have absolutely no problem with Bielema coming to Lincoln. In fact, I think he is an excellent fit.

• Plus1 2
On 10/7/2022 at 11:36 PM, It'sNotAFakeID said:

Really Minnesota's to lose at this point. I think Purdue is good and I know they have the H2H win (minus Ibra for Minnesota), but it seems this one's Minnesota's for the taking. 

That is until we take it from both of them starting with Purdue next week :D

You have to be kidding me right ?  PJ Fake and Minnesota are a turd in a punch bowl

8 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

After the initial shock (OU week), the team has really shown no I’ll effects of Frost getting booted from the program.  So far, I’d say the team seems relieved and very eager to play with the revamped staff.  The O line is the only team position group that has not responded.  It’s THE most critical, essential, important of a fb team.  It takes the longest to build and or fix.  Maybe we can get an entire O line to transfer en masse in Dec.  from somewhere with their coach?   

Remember Scott was going to take a more active role in the O-line this year...it's going to take a while to remove his stench.