What did we learn: Rutgers

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s nice to see coaches that can actually get the team to turn a bad game around and not piss themselves once a few things go wrong.

Mickey needs to tighten up the late game time management.   No need to wast those timeouts at the end to try and bleed another second off the clock.  Those timeouts are way more valuable  than the three seconds they saved in the event Rutgers somehow got in field goal range and scored.  

The tackles have the slowest feet in the history of college football and can’t handle an outside speed rush even when they know it’s coming. 

Trey needs a minimum of three deep throws a game thrown to him. 

Whip needs to admit his play calling was off this game and figure it out better for next week.

Defense did good but the Rutgers offense is atrocious.  

A win is a win and winning ugly is  better than losing pretty.  

I agree. Why call a timeout when all you’re going to do is run your RB into one of your guards asses? I mean the time management was way better than Frost but save a TO or two for….IDK, maybe when you fumble the kneel down snap :facepalm:

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ya I was wondering the same thing.  Why wasn’t he in there instead of Yant who is really no good. 

It’s scary that a position of depth entering the season has no depth at all. Rahmir is basically off the team for the rest of the season. I don’t get what happened to Ervin, unless it was an injury. Yant is never the answer. Not sure what people see in him.  

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
26 minutes ago, whateveritis1224 said:

The RB on Rutgers did a textbook target, but since it was on a guy much larger than him nothing. Launched and hit Mathis right in the chin with the crown of his helmet. Had a bad feeling that Grant would be called for targeting after his hit and the guy got knocked out.

But was he defenseless? Nope 

Super ugly game, announcers were horrible, got tired of seeing the chick official hold up the QB before plays, and the play calling by Whipp was off.  OL horrible.  

Having said that, it feels soo good to see the Huskers win!  Come from behind win!  On the road win!  I am so happy for them!!!  We (Huskers) had to get this game and we (Huskers) did it!

Defense played good, especially in 2nd half... and most importantly, in the 4th quarter when it matters most.

It just feels great and I am so proud of the team and Mickey and Busch.  You can learn a lot from winning a game like this.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Our outside tackles are tomato cans, but we knew that already. Sometimes stutter stepping and juking thin air isn't the best play when you have 15+ yards of open field in front of you, Grant, then running hard right up the a$$ of a line man on 3 and long may not be the highest IQ play either. Our defense likes to show up DOA the first half just so they can show us how good they can be the second half of a game. We can actually win back-to-back B1G games. We can actually win one score games. Whipple needs to lay off the sauce. Tonight's win had a face only a husker fan could love

ugly.gif.18e4a246d01e3f12a5df306f74802c45.gif

We learned that $33,350 a month in salary increase for Mickey Joseph buys you what $45million to Frost could not…effective half time adjustments and logical game clock management. 

I am hoping Frost watched the game so he learns how to use his timeouts, what half time adjustments look like, and how to manage the clock when you are ahead. 

We also learned that passing the ball on 4th and 1 when you have Grant on your team is the most asinine thing to do…Whipple took some naps during game…he might consider drinking a Red Bull before the next game…Red Bull gives you wings, Whipple!

Defense can hold teams but not for 4 quarters. Hopefully, we keep getting better. Purdue is much better than Rutgers. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, admo said:

Super ugly game, announcers were horrible, got tired of seeing the chick official hold up the QB before plays, and the play calling by Whipp was off.  OL horrible.  

Having said that, it feels soo good to see the Huskers win!  Come from behind win!  On the road win!  I am so happy for them!!!  We (Huskers) had to get this game and we (Huskers) did it!

Defense played good, especially in 2nd half... and most importantly, in the 4th quarter when it matters most.

It just feels great and I am so proud of the team and Mickey and Busch.  You can learn a lot from winning a game like this.

It happens in every game, that's how the refs hold up play when the offense subs to give the defense the chance to make their own substitutions. Thought this was well known by now as its been happening every game for a while now.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

F it, we won. 

could nit pick all day but won’t. We just need to win, which we did. 

O line is not good, at all. No answers except some screens, draws, traps, and counters

to keep opposing D at least a little off balance. The reverse didn’t work but we need that, keep ‘em honest. Actually pulled the guards a couple times on misdirection, need that too. If we can’t  block, we gotta fool em..glad we tried. It’s been missing, o line scheme. 

D came off the bench after a punt block and 2 int and held up. 
we’re not playing tight anymore so good to see, now gotta clean up punching ourselves in the d!(k. 

Cornhusker nation is strong. Watched the game at a local watering hole and there were a dozen of our closest friends goin nuts. Strong Nation, we have. We love our team and got the W, get behind this team and enjoy it tonight. We won. 

• Oh Yeah! 1