What did we learn: Rutgers

7 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It’s scary that a position of depth entering the season has no depth at all. Rahmir is basically off the team for the rest of the season. I don’t get what happened to Ervin, unless it was an injury. Yant is never the answer. Not sure what people see in him.  

I see a full back, but it doesn’t help this offense. 

Win felt great even though it was an ugly game.   From an offensive standpoint,  I miss Frost.   From a game management standpoint,  I'm glad he is gone...  I wonder how the year would have went if he had fired chins after game 1 or 2?  MJ has a lot to learn but he is showing he knows how to win. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

5 hours ago, huskerfan92 said:

Y’all serious about asking the point of 1 second? We just forget about 2009? 

No, but I am asking about the value of 3 timeouts in the event something crazy happened like Rutgers breaking a long score and the offense needing to score again with less than a minute remaining vs allowing those seconds to run off and wasting the timeouts.   

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
9 hours ago, Husker816 said:

We would be 5-1 if higher ups weren't still living in the 90s with their golden boy

Do you mean Big time Booster, when you refer to higher ups? They control everything!!! That is why SF was here (although he could have basically named his spot after UCF), they are why he survived last year, and now they are why Trev was finally allowed to pull the trigger 

I am glad we won, but it will still be a struggle to get to 6 wins.

Thompson seemed to struggle a bit with the deep ball like the one Palmer had the offensive PI on that should have been an easy TD.

The 4th and 1 empty backfield play was disappointing.  At least pretend like you might run.

I like Yant on short yardage, but that is about it.  Maybe move Ramir back to RB if he is available. 

The defense played well outside of the 1st drive and few deep balls.  Bend, but don't break.

I feel this Purdue game is another must win if Nebraska wants to go bowling.  It is one of the more winnable ones left, but the offense will need to score more.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
17 minutes ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

I am glad we won, but it will still be a struggle to get to 6 wins.

Thompson seemed to struggle a bit with the deep ball like the one Palmer had the offensive PI on that should have been an easy TD.

The 4th and 1 empty backfield play was disappointing.  At least pretend like you might run.

I like Yant on short yardage, but that is about it.  Maybe move Ramir back to RB if he is available. 

The defense played well outside of the 1st drive and few deep balls.  Bend, but don't break.

I feel this Purdue game is another must win if Nebraska wants to go bowling.  It is one of the more winnable ones left, but the offense will need to score more.

I don’t disagree, but winning at Purdue is something we aren’t good at. You factor in a night game and maybe the best offense in the West, I don’t think it will happen.

• Fire 1