What players leave after the season? 2022/23 version

35 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

This is kind of a bad look for him.  I could understand if you aren't number 1 at a position that doesn't rotate.  Number 2 center doesn't get a lot of snaps outside of injury or blowouts.  This kid was getting plenty of snaps and targets.  

He hadn't seen snaps or targets the past few games. I agree it's a bad look though, it's pretty clear to me MJ was saying he wanted to the the #1 at one of the WR spots, not the #1 receiver overall. It was Alante he couldn't beat out, so lashing out at a random fan who didn't get the memo and is assuming he wanted targets over Trey is ridiculous. The fan was wrong on the situation, but IGC's dad saying MJ claimed he wanted to be the top receiver is also misleading.

1 hour ago, talaricohusker said:

His dad isn’t too happy with MJ 

really weird from him, how he's going back and forth with people on twitter. so IGC didn't have "enough" targets and so he bails? i think IGC was clearly the #2 guy after Trey Palmer if he could stop dropping balls, but sounds like he felt he didn't have to continue to prove it. really unfair and a bit short sighted from IGC imo.

• Plus1 1
45 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

He hadn't seen snaps or targets the past few games. I agree it's a bad look though, it's pretty clear to me MJ was saying he wanted to the the #1 at one of the WR spots, not the #1 receiver overall. It was Alante he couldn't beat out, so lashing out at a random fan who didn't get the memo and is assuming he wanted targets over Trey is ridiculous. The fan was wrong on the situation, but IGC's dad saying MJ claimed he wanted to be the top receiver is also misleading.

When MJ said it I figured he meant he wanted to be number 1 above Alante.  I mean if you are familiar with how a depth chart works that what he meant.  I also thought I heard he hurt his hamstring of something that's why he didn't get snaps against IU and maybe Oklahoma.  Obviously was gone by Rutgers. s#!t maybe they found a "diamond in the rough" via position switch with Hill.

• Fire 1
  • 1 month later...

Senior Day this weekend.  Will be interesting to see who walks.  

Can't come back - Manning, Martin, Vokolek, Bando, Hixon, Drew, Mauga-Clements, Tannor, Kolarvic

1 year left (would be seniors this year w/o free Covid year) - Thompson, Grant, Palmer, Washington, Anthony, Nouili, Williams, Wynn, Reimer, Mathis, Nelson, Brown, Clark, Johnson, Newsome

Also, it will be interesting to see what the new coach does with the 1 year left crew.  Honestly, I would be VERY selective, probably tell almost all to go somewhere else.  If you want to flip the culture, you need an infusion of new players.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Can't come back - Manning, Martin, Vokolek, Bando, Hixon, Drew, Mauga-Clements, Tannor, Kolarvic

1 year left (would be seniors this year w/o free Covid year) - Thompson, Grant, Palmer, Washington, Anthony, Nouili, Williams, Wynn, Reimer, Mathis, Nelson, Brown, Clark, Johnson, Newsome

Also, it will be interesting to see what the new coach does with the 1 year left crew.  Honestly, I would be VERY selective, probably tell almost all to go somewhere else.  If you want to flip the culture, you need an infusion of new players.

Guys I see coming back

NFL (for better or worse)

Transfer out

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Really stupid question.  If we have some mass exodus that frees up 30 schollies can we bring in 30 guys?

23 hours ago, Red Five said:

Mickey said today that 12 players are walking for Senior Day.

9 can't come back.  That means 3 of the 1 year left are walking.

If I was Mickey, I would recommend all to walk because there is no guarantee that the new coach will want any of them back (aka free up schollys to start the rebuilding process ASAP).

8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If I was Mickey, I would recommend all to walk because there is no guarantee that the new coach will want any of them back (aka free up schollys to start the rebuilding process ASAP).

I wonder who the three are?!

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

He also left the door open for those walking to still come back, saying they could just walk again next year and he'd rather they not miss the chance if they do end up leaving. Pretty safe assumption that those not walking want to come back, but those that do walk and still have eligibility may just be on the fence.

• Fire 1

Is it just me, or does only three walking from the list (Thompson, Grant, Palmer, Washington, Anthony, Nouili, Williams, Wynn, Reimer, Mathis, Nelson, Brown, Clark, Johnson, Newsome) seem really low? I suppose they could still choose not come back or transfer, I would just think they are tired of losing at this point. At the same time, I guess they may want another chance to improve any possible draft status.