What players leave after the season? 2022/23 version

Anyone think the high school kid you came here at like 400 pounds and is not playing is eating a scholarship up? Can't think of his name but I think he started out on defense line and then wanted to try offense line? Personally I do feel that if you don't come in prepared then you shouldn't even have a scholarship and the university should offer you a grey shirt. If you want to be part of the team work for the scholarship bc someone else could use that scholarship if you come in out of shape.

On 11/16/2022 at 1:13 AM, Huskerfollower4life said:

Anyone think the high school kid you came here at like 400 pounds and is not playing is eating a scholarship up? Can't think of his name but I think he started out on defense line and then wanted to try offense line? Personally I do feel that if you don't come in prepared then you shouldn't even have a scholarship and the university should offer you a grey shirt. If you want to be part of the team work for the scholarship bc someone else could use that scholarship if you come in out of shape.

Still no opinions on it?

14 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I know Casey Thompson walked today with the seniors does that mean he is deciding to leave after this terrible season is done? I wonder who else decided to walk not being a senior?

I think Casey deciding to give the NFL a shot, come back to NU, or try another college depends on who the next head coach is, the type of offense which will be ran, and if Casey wants to still be playing college football at 25. He already has a Bachelor’s degree, and may be getting this Masters this December. A lot may depend on what type of NIL $ he can get from a school. I don’t think he has much of a shot in the NFL. He is on the shorter side of QBs and has been injury prone. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think Casey deciding to give the NFL a shot, come back to NU, or try another college depends on who the next head coach is, the type of offense which will be ran, and if Casey wants to still be playing college football at 25. He already has a Bachelor’s degree, and may be getting this Masters this December. A lot may depend on what type of NIL $ he can get from a school. I don’t think he has much of a shot in the NFL. He is on the shorter side of QBs and has been injury prone. 

Thank you. Do you know if any players not being a senior walked today. For me I don't think we have seen the best from Casey Thompson bc the o-line as been terrible. Yes he is shorter and has made bad throws but I think he needs time in order to succeed.

On 11/19/2022 at 6:13 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

Casey should definitely stay and play one more season, as he would not be drafted at this point in his collegiate career.