What players leave after the season? 2022/23 version

1 minute ago, lo country said:

Same.  Figure 3 are potentially gone now with Palmer, Yant and Fidone.  I'm guessing if MJ is out a few more will leave.  Throw in honest conversations with Rhule and I think we get above 20 as well. Not unheard of.  

Confused, Fidone has Husker things all over his Twitter still.

Knew Palmer was going, and I seriously doubt CT comes back.  But the thing about Trey, he has to risk leaving after this year because of the season he had was pretty special at Nebraska.  To risk coming back and not having a similar year would be kind of dumb for his future.  Strike when it's hot.  

Team will be totally different. I would assume CT is gone as well. Mixed feelings. I think he’s a legit QB but he lacks the run dimension and I feel like he needs OL protection that our guys are not close to providing to be effective. So while line play is obviously a huge issue I think QB could be as well. I can’t imagine starting next year with Chub. He was unwatchable. 

At the end of the day though this is a 3 win team in a bad conference. It doesn’t really matter who leaves. It’s a total tear down rebuild anyway. Can’t worry about it. Trey was the only special player IMO and he’s gone. 

1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Not just MJ but Applewhite as well. You can count Allen and Grant gone too right?

I would recommend to all Nebraska fans to not worry about who from the 2022 staff stays under Rhule, and what that means for guys transferring out. You will all save a bunch of heart ache from it.

There are going to be things that are unfavorable over the next few weeks or months.  Just think about the long-term trajectory of the program. 

• Plus1 7
  • TBH 1
3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I would recommend to all Nebraska fans to not worry about who from the 2022 staff stays under Rhule, and what that means for guys transferring out. You will all save a bunch of heart ache from it.

There are going to be things that are unfavorable over the next few weeks or months.  Just think about the long-term trajectory of the program. 

Understandable sure will make me cry bc those guys can change a program. Definitely hate losing players of that caliber bc you know they can help but you got to do what's best for you.

Just now, Huskerfollower4life said:

Understandable sure will make me cry bc those guys can change a program. Definitely hate losing players of that caliber bc you know they can help but you got to do what's best for you.

Allen is a solid RB, but Grant isn’t a program changer. The good thing with RB’s is they they are the most replaceable position on the team. 

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Exactly. Because both stops in college, he brought in new staff and made bad teams good teams.

Short-term pain will lead to long-term gain.

• Plus1 4
9 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Not just MJ but Applewhite as well. You can count Allen and Grant gone too right?

Potentially.  But tour comment made me think.  Coach X leaves and goes to new school.  No guarantee that the coach can get player to School X.  Not like NU is currently known as a power house, mecca of talent or developing guys.  Why would a new school take any of our guys.  As mentioned before, how many of our 2 deep start at another P5 school?  Might be wise to stay put, meet with the new staff and see where you might (or might not) fit. 

19 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I could see Applewhite being another at the top of the list of being retained because of his Texas connections, which Rhule may appreciate from his time at Baylor.

Also he brought in our top two RBs this year so that may have some value.

• Plus1 1