What players leave after the season? 2022/23 version

2 minutes ago, Decked said:

Or maybe they want to go somewhere to win right away. Or they have other reasons such as scheme. 

I think Hausmann would be an amazing LB in the Big 12, where they play a more wide open style.  Hausmann would have done well at NU, but I think he would have struggled with some of the physicality of the Big Ten linemen.

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think Hausmann would be an amazing LB in the Big 12, where they play a more wide open style.  Hausmann would have done well at NU, but I think he would have struggled with some of the physicality of the Big Ten linemen.

I'm still holding out hope he comes back, guessing it's probably official that Ruud won't be back and then the MJ news makes wanting some distance reasonable. He would definitely do well at K State or somewhere, but of the guys in the portal so far he's the one I'd be re-recruiting the hardest. Hard to do without his position coach lined up though.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
24 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

He did fantastic the back half of the year. I think he would do well about anywhere. 

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1

16 minutes ago, lo country said:

Good listen. Not saying no to Nebraska, but just wants to re-evaluate and build relationships with new staff to see if they will fit.  Hoping Rhule and Co can keep him.

That sounds like a really reasonable way to go about this decision now that the foundational elements have changed significantly.

• TBH 1
1 minute ago, 307husker said:

That sounds like a really reasonable way to go about this decision now that the foundational elements have changed significantly.

I agree.  Not a knee jerk reaction after listening.  Said he's big on relationships and NU was in contact past year plus....Wants to meet new staff.  Said he was Rhule's first call....

27 minutes ago, Decked said:

He did fantastic the back half of the year. I think he would do well about anywhere. 

I mean for a true frosh, at LB, in the B1G, he did outstanding! There's a few plays here and there that could have been better, but he's also adjusting to the speed of the game. Outside of QB that's probably one of the hardest roles to step into at a young age and be competent in this league.

He's going to be a good one, and I hope he decides to stay.

• Plus1 3

7 hours ago, ZRod said:

I mean for a true frosh, at LB, in the B1G, he did outstanding! There's a few plays here and there that could have been better, but he's also adjusting to the speed of the game. Outside of QB that's probably one of the hardest roles to step into at a young age and be competent in this league.

He's going to be a good one, and I hope he decides to stay.

I really hoped he'd stay.  watching him get better each game, as a true fresh, in the B1G was encouraging.  A guy we could build a better D around.