What players leave after the season? 2022/23 version

2 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Was there a reason as to why he is leaving? More then likely he was going to be a starting linebacker next year.

That wasn't a given, as Reimer and Henrich are probable to come back next year.  I know that both of those guys have had issues staying healthy, so a 3-man rotation would have been ideal, but Hausmann starting wasn't a sure thing.

Honestly, after seeing all of his coaches who brought him to NU now gone, it's natural for him to look for some place else to go.  NU was the first school to show interest in him in high school, but a lot of schools recruited Hausmann late in the process.  I think Hausmann wants to see what else is out there.

• Plus1 1

52 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Anyone know how to add Benhart to the portal?  Asking for a friend.

I suppose this belongs in the hot take thread, but for at least the last half of the year he was our best lineman. Don't have a current membership and also don't totally buy their methodology, but I think I read PFF agrees or had him 2nd at least.

We need to improve the OL across the board no doubt. But the last half of the year the interior was much worse than the tackles, and Corcoran was worse than Benhart.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I suppose this belongs in the hot take thread, but for at least the last half of the year he was our best lineman. Don't have a current membership and also don't totally buy their methodology, but I think I read PFF agrees or had him 2nd at least.

We need to improve the OL across the board no doubt. But the last half of the year the interior was much worse than the tackles, and Corcoran was worse than Benhart.

:Fire::Fire::Fire:

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Honestly, Kade Warner was the least of NU’s concerns when it came to coaching and development. He was not out there smoking the TCU secondary as stated in the OP. 

He is more of a sure handed, move the sticks guy in their O.  Much better suited to his abilities than how NU used him.

Just now, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Jan. 18th

I'm guessing you can enter to gauge interest, but then with draw?

15 hours ago, Decked said:

If you start Heinrich over Hausman you are a doofus. Nick was absolutely terrible this year. Dude is one big arm tackle. Too frail to play inside, takes bad angles, & he is awful in coverage 

Meh... How much of that was the coaching and no thumping in practice instead of live tackling? Most of the defense looked like garbage int after the OU game.

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Honestly, Kade Warner was the least of NU’s concerns when it came to coaching and development. He was not out there smoking the TCU secondary as stated in the OP. 

Kade was fine for a 2nd option or sub. Not the primary target, which is what he often was here. We railed on him because he played tight here and tended to drop too many balls in key moments.

• Thanks 1