What players leave after the season? 2022/23 version

7 hours ago, Doyle Hodges said:

I think you’re being a bit dramatic and just projecting frustration that we’ve sucked for a decade now.

if anything, both NIL and the portal will make  CFB more equitable in the long run and if u can’t see that then u need to do more research.

It's not frustration at all.  I think you are looking at the financial side of the game. They are student athletes.  Not a farm team for various professional sports. I don't think it will make it more equitable either.  I see very few programs ponying up 20+ million  like A&M did for one recruiting class.  The NIL will go to those players who are better, who are at higher profile schools that are successful.  Investors are not going to put their capital into bad investments.  And this NIL money does not got into a pot that all institutions pull from.  As to equitable, I think the word you mean is parity.  And that's been happening for years.  

• Plus1 2

9 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I agree but the stupid NCAA said they weren’t going to govern NIL, therefore there  are no limitations. The whole thing was decided too quickly without thinking of potential ramifications, and that’s why we have today’s environment. 

The Supreme Court smack down of the NCAA was pretty clear, the NCAA has no authority to regulate NIL.

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, Gage County said:

The Supreme Court smack down of the NCAA was pretty clear, the NCAA has no authority to regulate NIL.

And, I think the NCAA looked at it and realized there really is no way to regulate it.  They would be spending millions chasing around different scenarios at just about every school in the country.

Fact is, it's going to be the way college sports is and it's basically a s#!t show.

Years down the road, there will be some form of normalcy that is settled on and, it will still be a s#!t show.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

6 minutes ago, lo country said:

Can't lie.  Had to google him....

On another note, Deion blew up his meeting with Colorado.  Interested to see how many go into the portal.    Worth the watch. Dude held nothing back.

He sure did! I cringed when he mentioned the transfer portal. Talk about ripping the bandaid off! Then the one kid asked about assistants, EVERYONE is gone. Already named the starting QB. 

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

He sure did! I cringed when he mentioned the transfer portal. Talk about ripping the bandaid off! Then the one kid asked about assistants, EVERYONE is gone. Already named the starting QB. 

Same.  I was like DAMN.  But whoever stays will be 100% bought in.  Kid asked about working out-Goal is to make those who stayed leave.  Wants them to quit now, not in a game....

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

There just needs to be some limitations.  NCAA is not longer amateur athletics.

How would you expect the NCAA to regulate private markets.  The universities aren't paying these players.  There is no way the NCAA can tell private individuals and businesses who they can and can't give money to.  Nor should they.  About the only thing they could "regulate" is to make sure the kids are at least doing something for the money and it's not just a "gift".

If the HVAC company wants to pay DeColdest Crawford whatever they did for him to appear in a commercial, that is not the NCAA's business.  The only people that can regulate this is the people spending the money.  Eventually they are going to realize that spending a million bucks on a kid is pointless because the kid is just going to transfer again in a year for a million bucks and an extra penny.

edit: as long as there is rich people in the world, there will be ridiculous spending that us common folk will just have to roll our eyes at.

• Plus1 1
18 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

We’re all just cheering for laundry. We cheer for our guys in the red laundry because they attend and play for the school that we once did. 

I got news for you. A lot of the people that cheer for red didn't play no school. Kinda like Bama and Michigan :lol:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1