What players leave after the season? 2022/23 version

34 minutes ago, funhusker said:

How would you expect the NCAA to regulate private markets.  The universities aren't paying these players.  There is no way the NCAA can tell private individuals and businesses who they can and can't give money to.  Nor should they.  About the only thing they could "regulate" is to make sure the kids are at least doing something for the money and it's not just a "gift".

If the HVAC company wants to pay DeColdest Crawford whatever they did for him to appear in a commercial, that is not the NCAA's business.  The only people that can regulate this is the people spending the money.  Eventually they are going to realize that spending a million bucks on a kid is pointless because the kid is just going to transfer again in a year for a million bucks and an extra penny.

edit: as long as there is rich people in the world, there will be ridiculous spending that us common folk will just have to roll our eyes at.

Really!  That used to be illegal before NIL

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Really!  That used to be illegal before NIL

And now it's not.  "Regulating" is a whole different animal than "prohibiting".

In the age of social media, people are getting paid for doing nothing more than being famous (no matter the reason).  It's not fair to deny that right to a person just because they play a collegiate sport.

5 minutes ago, Farms said:

Reading the tea leaves it seems that Grant is likely coming back. A bit surprising but good news. Obviously I hope we can hold onto Ajay as well and each day that passes without him hitting the portal is a good thing imo.

I guess I don’t understand the rules. Grant came through the portal and then didn’t leave within 30 days of Frost being fired, so I thought he had to stay. I’m i wrong?  Or do players  have unlimited transfers? 

49 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I guess I don’t understand the rules. Grant came through the portal and then didn’t leave within 30 days of Frost being fired, so I thought he had to stay. I’m i wrong?  Or do players  have unlimited transfers? 

Grant came from Juco. But with Grant it wasn’t as much of a question of whether or not he’d transfer. It was whether or not he was going to take a shot at the NFL.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
15 hours ago, krc1995 said:

If a coach gets fired players can go into the portal right away.  Everyone else had to wait until Monday.  

But just because they passed up the "coach got fired" window doesn't mean that they have to stay.  They can go in now just like everyone else.  And some of our players have.

• Fire 1
9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

If a coach gets fired players can go into the portal right away.  Everyone else had to wait until Monday.  

But just because they passed up the "coach got fired" window doesn't mean that they have to stay.  They can go in now just like everyone else.  And some of our players have.

The can also wait to see how things shake out after spring.... which sucks and leaves programs in a lurch