What players leave after the season? 2022/23 version

2 hours ago, lo country said:

His poor play?  All I remember from this board was how well he was doing as a true freshman and couldn't wait to see what he could do next year....

Eh early in the year he really struggled. Was out of place quite a bit and was missing a lot of tackles. Really played well the last couple games though.

• Plus1 3

DeColdest Crawford has deleted his tweet about entering the portal, all his offer tweets, and his tweet about committing soon. Unfortunately he is coming off a major knee injury and has yet to play in college so I don’t think he was getting the offers he may have hoped for. Also our WR depth is not great at the moment so I would think he has a pretty good shot at playing time here as things stand tight now. We will see what happens but it now appears that he may be staying. 

On 12/9/2022 at 8:56 PM, olddominionhusker said:

If Haussmann wants to go to Iowa so be it. They are going to continue to get worse as long as Ferentz is calling the shots. Their defense will not be able to overcome the offensive ineptitude they continue to put on display. Best of luck to him. He won’t beat us once before he graduates. Iowa is going to fall behind rapidly in the West in the upcoming years

Everyone mad at Haussmann for going to iowa.  But right now as I see it Iowa is getting better while we are stuck in the mud.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 6
6 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

Everyone mad at Haussmann for going to iowa.  But right now as I see it Iowa is getting better while we are stuck in the mud.

Pretty negative....not all wrong, but a long way from being right.  Iowa landed a back up QB and a back up TE.  They have also lost arguably their best WR coming into the season... a key CB and key LB.  Not sure they are in a tremendously better place overall than they were when the season ended.  We knew it would be rough here after the change, but this staff is recruiting it's tail off and we are not stuck in the mud by any stretch.  Things will shake out as they may....but we wont be in a horrible spot..... maybe not great, but probably as well as expected after a change.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1