What players leave after the season? 2022/23 version

Guys that have done nothing on the field means that aint done nothing. 

Potential means you haven't done anything yet.  

So, let's talk about nuts and bolts.  Defensively, Reimer, Nelson, Henrich, TyRob are still on the squad.

Is there any smoke of any of our best blackshirts running away to somewhere else?  Or are they all N ?

• Plus1 1

26 minutes ago, admo said:

So, let's talk about nuts and bolts.  Defensively, Reimer, Nelson, Henrich, TyRob are still on the squad.

Is there any smoke of any of our best blackshirts running away to somewhere else?  Or are they all N ?

Is hartzog in the nuts n bolts category or potential? 

Currently at 90 (91 once they announce Scott) scholarships.  Have to think we'll add at least 5 more transfers and we'll add 1 or 2 more HS recruits in February.

So we'll still need 10-15 to leave before fall camp.  Guessing there will be a few that go home over winter break and don't come back as well as a few that leave after spring practice.

https://www.on3.com/teams/nebraska-cornhuskers/news/huskeronline-nebraska-football-scholarship-distribution-chart/

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Currently at 90 (91 once they announce Scott) scholarships.  Have to think we'll add at least 5 more transfers and we'll add 1 or 2 more HS recruits in February.

So we'll still need 10-15 to leave before fall camp.  Guessing there will be a few that go home over winter break and don't come back as well as a few that leave after spring practice.

https://www.on3.com/teams/nebraska-cornhuskers/news/huskeronline-nebraska-football-scholarship-distribution-chart/

Hopefully, Husker fans realize this and don't freak out when players start to leave.  But, my guess is, they won't.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Hopefully, Husker fans realize this and don't freak out when players start to leave.  But, my guess is, they won't.

Guys leaving via the transfer portal can be a very good thing. There are always guys you need to cycle out because there aren't enough snaps for everyone, but everyone's mama tends to get mad when you do.

But with the transfer portal, all the sudden Timbuktu State is your new best friend. ;)

• TBH 1

1 hour ago, brophog said:

Guys leaving via the transfer portal can be a very good thing. There are always guys you need to cycle out because there aren't enough snaps for everyone, but everyone's mama tends to get mad when you do.

But with the transfer portal, all the sudden Timbuktu State is your new best friend. ;)

Yep. We used to try to do the right thing and other programs beat us because they cycled through more players. It’s a numbers game. If you don’t think a player is going to contribute by his second or third year, chances are, he needs up move on. 

Exception is linemen that can take longer once we have good upper class men playing. 

• TBH 1

Guesses for possibilities..

QB-Anybody other than Sims. Also not Haarberg as I think he will at least give it a shot with the new staff or possibly change positions.

RB- Allen (hope not), Rahmir, Gabe Ervin Jr. Latgely depends on if Allen stays and how the depth chart shakes out.

WR- Hardy III, Bonner (hood shot at playing time though), Hill.

TE- Hickman,  Androff, Tagaloa

OL- Anthony

DL-Buckley

LB-Malcom

CB- Lynum, Johnson, Clark

S- Pola-Gates, Williams

On 12/20/2022 at 6:34 PM, admo said:

I hope I'm wrong but Nelson said he was looking at all options and hasn't said anything else since. We've signed alot of ends kinda seems like we would have heard something by now if he was coming back.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
12 hours ago, Husker816 said:

I hope I'm wrong but Nelson said he was looking at all options and hasn't said anything else since. We've signed alot of ends kinda seems like we would have heard something by now if he was coming back.

Thanks, that makes sense.  I am sure it's a tough decision for him to not return because the guy bleeds Big Red N.  I might be easily wrong, but I think he will come back for one more year playing for the Blackshirts.

On 12/26/2022 at 1:01 PM, admo said:

Thanks, that makes sense.  I am sure it's a tough decision for him to not return because the guy bleeds Big Red N.  I might be easily wrong, but I think he will come back for one more year playing for the Blackshirts.

This fooled a lot of us.  Good luck to him, I really wanted to see him in a Blackshirt again, but he deserves the chance at his dream job.

With 2nd team All B1G honors this year, he probably thought it was his turn to swing for the fence.

17 minutes ago, GretnaHusker14 said:

Do we know who is enrolling for the spring semester? Need new guys in the system immediately if they want to make an impact. Malachi Coleman has the physical attributes to play immediately but him not enrolling till summer may hurt

247 doesn’t show any EE’s currently but that may be a mistake since I remember reading in the summer that Bootle planned on it (not sure if that’s still the plan).

35 minutes ago, GretnaHusker14 said:

Do we know who is enrolling for the spring semester? Need new guys in the system immediately if they want to make an impact. Malachi Coleman has the physical attributes to play immediately but him not enrolling till summer may hurt

I'm not sure I have an exhaustive list because there didn't seem to be as many as I would expect.  But the ones that I've seen are Gottula, Wallin, Noonan, Bootle,  and Safeeullah.  Plus the transfers, I would think.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, B1GRED said:

This fooled a lot of us.  Good luck to him, I really wanted to see him in a Blackshirt again, but he deserves the chance at his dream job.

With 2nd team All B1G honors this year, he probably thought it was his turn to swing for the fence.

Oh wow, so he gone?  I'm not sure how I feel about it.  Like, I feel 50/50 if he stays or moves along. 

His character and "motor" will always be remembered.

But, the spot available will open up the door for other Husker players to run into offensive tackles play after play... ... unless they got quickness, skill, technique and can actually get to the quarterback.  I wish 44 the best!

• Haha 1