What players leave after the season? 2022/23 version

7 hours ago, Red Five said:

If Anthony Grant isn't around in the fall...

From Rhule's presser on 3/6 talking about the commitment week, supposedly the bolded was Grant.

On Friday we selected new teams. They all selected a twitter handle with what we call 'team commitment week' from Friday to Friday. It's one where the only rule is there are no rules. You get points for doing good things, you lose points for missing things. There are team competitions every morning and there is optional team building activities at night. It's a great chance for us to get to know each other, not just as football players but as people.

There were some things along the way in the other competitions. The other competitions were kind of a lead into this, and this is everything. First time around, (it) seemed guys pick their teams based upon their position groups or staying loyal to their friends and they learn pretty quickly 'I better have a big guy,' 'I better have some fast guys,'  'better have some guys who are on time all the time,' and 'you're my boy, but you don't seem to get anywhere on time so I am not picking you.' I won't tell you who Mr. Irrelevant was but it was a guy who started here last year. It's pretty important that guys start to realize 'hey, if my physical ability can match my accountability, and that can be joined with availability, that I can be a pretty good player'. We always want to talk about people's physical ability or their recruiting or their production. That's great but tell me how accountable they are, and tell me how available they are, and I'll tell them if they are a good player or not. It's a fun time for me.

What's your reason to believe this?

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Rusty Football said:

What's your reason to believe this?

I was told last week by someone who occasionally knows things of 2 contributors (Grant being one) from last year that were not exactly taking to the new staff.

Today I saw Grant mentioned on another Husker site as someone having “issues”, so figured I’d share what I heard since it was out there.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Red Five said:

I was told last week by someone who occasionally knows things of 2 contributors (Grant being one) from last year that were not exactly taking to the new staff.

Today I saw Grant mentioned on another Husker site as someone having “issues”, so figured I’d share what I heard since it was out there.

Thanks. I wasn't taking you task and appreciate you responding as such. For me, you've offered a hypothesis, we'll see if more evidence supports it.

Care to offer the other name?

It has been about 4 months since the new coach was hired...so yeah...it is about time to start piling on some of the players since we are mostly tired of piling on the old staff.

Last but not least will be piling on "bad fans" that only support the team in good times.  Then it will be August.

Then we can start piling on announcers and ESPN talking heads.  

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 2
  • TBH 3
15 hours ago, Red Five said:

I could see where some of the activities that they were asked to do could be considered pretty lame.  I'd probably would have been in that camp at his age.

Now that I see (I think) what they are trying to do, which is build team chemistry, I think you better be on the train when it leaves the station.  Besides having bad football coaches, the lack of team chemistry/culture is the biggest problem.  We can talk X's and O's all day, but it's meaningless until that's addressed.

• Plus1 1

On 3/14/2023 at 8:07 AM, teachercd said:

It has been about 4 months since the new coach was hired...so yeah...it is about time to start piling on some of the players since we are mostly tired of piling on the old staff.

Last but not least will be piling on "bad fans" that only support the team in good times.  Then it will be August.

Then we can start piling on announcers and ESPN talking heads.  

this right here is science.

• Haha 2
  • TBH 1