What players leave after the season? 2022/23 version

12 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I actually think he could play and do well somewhere if the circumstances are right.  Hope he finds something.

Smothers is not a Power 5 quarterback.  He could do well at lower-level FBS or FCS.

The choices that Frost/Verduzco made in recruiting QB's have turned out to be terrible.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Smothers is not a Power 5 quarterback.  He could do well at lower-level FBS or FCS.

The choices that Frost/Verduzco made in recruiting QB's have turned out to be terrible.

Oh I agree.  He's gotta go.  And it won't be an elite or P5(like you stated) program.

I think there's a place for him somewhere.

• Plus1 1

I like Torres and Smothers.  As hard as the Huskers tried to get them to commit here, you certainly cannot not blame them moving on now.

I see Torres slinging it at UTSA or Texas Tech or Tulsa.

I see Smothers at Memphis or UAB.

There will be better opportunities for sure. 

Both are great guys, good players, good talent, good teammates.  Wish them all the best.  I just hate the recruiting thing more than anything else.  They were heavily sought after.  

• Plus1 2

Don't know if there is any validity to this or not, but seeing theories that we could put some grad students (Thompson, Reimer, TyRob, etc) on NIL scholarships since a) grad students take less classes and b) masters level classes can be taken online for cheap.  This would mean that tuition would drop from about $25k for an undergrad to around $5k for a grad student.

I've been in the "NIL scholarships don't work for a lot of reasons" camp, but doing it for grad students with 1 year left does make some sense when you look at it.

• Plus1 3