What players leave after the season? 2022/23 version

On 11/26/2022 at 4:38 PM, Mavric said:

I think at least two QBs and two RBs are basically a given.  Thompson is a question mark at best.  I'd be surprised if Smothers, Purdy and Haarberg all stay.  And Watson might decommit.  But we'll probably add a transfer, especially if Thompson leaves.  

Yant sounds like he's basically gone.  Which doesn't hurt my feelings.  Grant could very well leave.  

Probably 2-3 of WRs as well.  Palmer is one.  I guess IGC is already gone but I wasn't counting him.  Hardy and Grimes seem unlikely to see the field here.  Tommi Hill might look to start over (again).

I don't see a bunch of OL defections though I continue to be surprised Lynn adn Conn are still here.  Likely getting at least a couple of transfers so that might push a couple to look elsewhere.

The to-be-sophomores on the DL - Weaver (now OL?), Black and Buckley - seem questionable at best.

We should return a solid group of LBs but Snodgrass seems to have been passed by and not much has been heard from Kpai, Malcom or Gbayor.  Likely 1-2 out of that group.

Nelson and Mathis might have put in their time in college.

Tyreke Johnson seems to be a non-factor.  Omar Brown made some noise but barely saw the field.  NPG doesn't seem to be figuring it out.  Probably a couple other defections if Fisher doesn't come back.

That's 22 or so without any real big surprises, of which there are always a couple.

Really the only surprise is that we haven't lost any out of that group of LBs.  And maybe another RB.

• Plus1 1

90/85 but I assume the staff wants 3 more portal players. If 8/10 of these leave I wouldn't be surprised to get to that number. 

Javier Morton

Seth Malcom

Kaine Williams 

Tommi Hill

Emmett Johnson

Tamon Lynum

Jalil Martin

Chase Androff

Isaiah Garcia-Castaneda  

Ajay Allen

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Really the only surprise is that we haven't lost any out of that group of LBs.  And maybe another RB.

RB - 1 of Grant, Johnson^2, Allen

LB -  2 of Snodgrass, Malcom, Kpai, Gbayor 

DBs - 2 of Lymon, Morton, Singleton, Wright

And I know nothing, but have seen rumors around TyRob

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Toe said:

Guessing that "8 of us fought to save the season" is a reference to the infamous 2020 bowl vote?

Its about the 8 players suing the B1G to play

Garrett Snodgrass, Garrett Nelson, Ethan Piper, Noa Pola-Gates, Alante Brown, Jackson Hannah and Brant and Brig Banks filed the lawsuit, which does not seek damages greater than $75,000 but states that the Big Ten's postponement hurts the players' future football prospects and their ability to market and brand themselves.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29753789/eight-nebraska-football-players-sue-big-ten-decision-postpone-season

• Plus1 3
5 hours ago, Red Five said:

And boom goes the dynamite

I'll stop making fun of Colorado now!

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

With CT leaving, I am guessing the door is cracked a bit more open on Smothers returning.

I hope that is the case.  I have more confidence in him than the other 2 . 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1