What players leave after the season? 2022/23 version

44 minutes ago, Ggodd002 said:

another no bowl game year....who cares who leaves...i havent seen anything on the field in the past 4 years that makes me think any of these players have football intelligence or the will to compete.

I care, because we need players.  You can't expect to get 25 freshmen and then go out and get 60 portal guys.  So, some have to stay.  I would prefer that to be the best ones that are currently on the roster.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I care, because we need players.  You can't expect to get 25 freshmen and then go out and get 60 portal guys.  So, some have to stay.  I would prefer that to be the best ones that are currently on the roster.

I get your sentiment, but it's not like 75 are transferring. We had about 4 leave this week and we will have plenty of bodies for the season. Some kids will leave and they'll bring some in, it's how this goes as you said. We were always going to be bad next year, in order to build with the new staff for the future.  Best to just expect that now.

5 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I get your sentiment, but it's not like 75 are transferring. We had about 4 leave this week and we will have plenty of bodies for the season. Some kids will leave and they'll bring some in, it's how this goes as you said. We were always going to be bad next year, in order to build with the new staff for the future.  Best to just expect that now.

I agree.  I know this happens, and it's why I hate coaching changes.  But, like I said, I would prefer the better players be the ones staying.  So, I'm disappointed that Hauseman and DeColdest are in the portal.

• Plus1 1

There is going to be so much talent and not just older players hit the portal this year I really think it will end up more than likely a draw for us if Rhule can utilize it. Seems like he is trying.

on a side note…Arland Bruce IV & Keegan Johnson in the portal for iowa. They also lose LaPorta & Ragaini. They are gonna be god awful next year on offense. I don’t think a Michigan QB transfer who can’t throw more than 10 yards is gonna help. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

This feels like the twilight zone. These players have seen It all. Feels like we all have been in a washing machine. I am so disappointed in Frost and Joseph. These kids deserved better. And I was a major supporter of both. I hope we can get this turned around somehow….someway.  

Just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse, it implodes. I say we all meet up at the stadium with buckets of holy water, pour it around the stadium to get rid of the demons. 

That Iowa win feels like years ago. 

GBR!

9 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

If they do not want to be here, then say goodbye!

Maybe Rhule's words on being a tough, hard working, physical team turned off some.  Sounds like they had it pretty cushy under Frost - and it showed on the field.  If they don't have the mentality that Rhule demands, then "Goodbye" 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Maybe Rhule's words on being a tough, hard working, physical team turned off some.  Sounds like they had it pretty cushy under Frost - and it showed on the field.  If they don't have the mentality that Rhule demands, then "Goodbye" 

Or maybe they want to go somewhere to win right away. Or they have other reasons such as scheme. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Too bad for them.  Rhule's words are code for development and becoming a better player.  In turn make players better, making our team better, making our players more money in NIL and some the NFL.  Short sided people are fools.  If people don't want it, they can leave.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1