What players leave after the season? 2022/23 version

I think it i his choice to make for sure, but this is how I look at things.

A college professor once told me to make decisions based on what your 65 year old self would think looking back on life.  

That helped me to not do things I wanted to do at the time.  It helped take a lot of stress away from things I thought were huge issues at the time.  If he did that and can live with it, awesome!

There are 10 extra Covid year guys left.  How many of these end up on the fall camp roster?  I'll set the O/U at 4 and I would lean towards taking the under.

QB Thompson 6th year

RB Grant 6th year

WR Washington 5th year

OL Anthony 6th year

DL Wynn 6th year

LB Reimer 5th year

DB Brown 5th year

DB Clark 6th year

DB Johnson 6th year

DB Newsome 5th year

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

There are 10 extra Covid year guys left.  How many of these end up on the fall camp roster?  I'll set the O/U at 4 and I would lean towards taking the under.

QB Thompson 6th year

RB Grant 6th year

WR Washington 5th year

OL Anthony 6th year

DL Wynn 6th year

LB Reimer 5th year

DB Brown 5th year

DB Clark 6th year

DB Johnson 6th year

DB Newsome 5th year

I would have thought Grant and Washington would have said they were leaving by now, though Grant could still be deciding if he should declare for the draft.

I could see Anthony being done, possibly Wynn as well.

I would think Reimer and Brown will be back.

I don't know what to think about Clark or Newsome.  I guess I assumed they would be back.

I'm surprised Johnson is still here.

13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I would have thought Grant and Washington would have said they were leaving by now, though Grant could still be deciding if he should declare for the draft.

I don't know what to think about Clark or Newsome.  I guess I assumed they would be back.

If Grant wants any shot at the NFL, he needs to go this year.  He's already older than a handful of starting NFL RBs.

I would guess Anthony and Wynn are gone.  They were 1 year mercenaries brought in by the other staff.  Unless the really love playing FB, why would they stick around for a 6th year on a "rebuilding" team?

For DB, I think we keep 2 at most, maybe Brown and/or Newsome.  Clark is a career backup and Johnson has never been a factor, I just don't think they would want to stick around for another go (or Rhule will let them...).

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Mavric said:

These guys might be waiting until spring.