What players leave after the season? 2022/23 version

3 minutes ago, Decked said:

Hickman if he wants to play should move down. 

Will be interesting to see how many guys in the portal we take in the spring. We will be hunting for another OL. Wonder if we take a few more in general. 

From what I read on another site it sounds like he is ready to call it a career and move on.  

On 2/17/2023 at 7:51 PM, Red Five said:

Disagree. The failures of recruiting, developing, and retaining HS talent is right at the top of the list when writing the Frost autopsy.

WR is probably the best example of this, but there are other positions that are almost as bad (RB, OL, DL).

The failures of recruiting, developing and retaining HS talent is def top of the list, I was referencing the WR room in particular with my comment that it doesn't even crack the top of what's wrong. I think our s#!t OL development and complete whiff of recruiting and development of the DL had a much larger impact on our ineptitude than the WR did.  I'd prolly list out as follows:

1. Lack of OL development and depth

2. Complete lack of depth and development of the DL

3. Lack of QB development (2AM should've improved a lot more than he did here and we had no one behind him)

4. RB lack of depth and development

5. WR lack of development

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...

On 11/26/2022 at 9:11 PM, StuckinCO said:

could happen. But I’m guessing his combine numbers come in closer to 5’11” and low to mid 4.4’s.  Could be way wrong but watching him he looks a lot more in that neighborhood. No way he’s 4.3. 

Or Trey could be a 4.33 guy and be the fastest WR at this year’s combine…….

• Oh Yeah! 1

If Anthony Grant isn't around in the fall...

From Rhule's presser on 3/6 talking about the commitment week, supposedly the bolded was Grant.

On Friday we selected new teams. They all selected a twitter handle with what we call 'team commitment week' from Friday to Friday. It's one where the only rule is there are no rules. You get points for doing good things, you lose points for missing things. There are team competitions every morning and there is optional team building activities at night. It's a great chance for us to get to know each other, not just as football players but as people.

There were some things along the way in the other competitions. The other competitions were kind of a lead into this, and this is everything. First time around, (it) seemed guys pick their teams based upon their position groups or staying loyal to their friends and they learn pretty quickly 'I better have a big guy,' 'I better have some fast guys,'  'better have some guys who are on time all the time,' and 'you're my boy, but you don't seem to get anywhere on time so I am not picking you.' I won't tell you who Mr. Irrelevant was but it was a guy who started here last year. It's pretty important that guys start to realize 'hey, if my physical ability can match my accountability, and that can be joined with availability, that I can be a pretty good player'. We always want to talk about people's physical ability or their recruiting or their production. That's great but tell me how accountable they are, and tell me how available they are, and I'll tell them if they are a good player or not. It's a fun time for me.

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

If Anthony Grant isn't around in the fall...

From Rhule's presser on 3/6 talking about the commitment week, supposedly the bolded was Grant.

On Friday we selected new teams. They all selected a twitter handle with what we call 'team commitment week' from Friday to Friday. It's one where the only rule is there are no rules. You get points for doing good things, you lose points for missing things. There are team competitions every morning and there is optional team building activities at night. It's a great chance for us to get to know each other, not just as football players but as people.

There were some things along the way in the other competitions. The other competitions were kind of a lead into this, and this is everything. First time around, (it) seemed guys pick their teams based upon their position groups or staying loyal to their friends and they learn pretty quickly 'I better have a big guy,' 'I better have some fast guys,'  'better have some guys who are on time all the time,' and 'you're my boy, but you don't seem to get anywhere on time so I am not picking you.' I won't tell you who Mr. Irrelevant was but it was a guy who started here last year. It's pretty important that guys start to realize 'hey, if my physical ability can match my accountability, and that can be joined with availability, that I can be a pretty good player'. We always want to talk about people's physical ability or their recruiting or their production. That's great but tell me how accountable they are, and tell me how available they are, and I'll tell them if they are a good player or not. It's a fun time for me.

So, I've never really understood this comment.  Is he saying that in the team competitions, there was a guy that was always late for everything and didn't contribute to his team so....he's Mr. Irrelevant...because he wasn't contributing to his team getting points?  And, now you're saying that was actually Grant?

• Plus1 1

I interpreted it as someone who was always late last year and it's continued.  I didn't understand "Mr. Irrelevant" comment. Other than making the leap that talent isn't enough to carry you now, you have to bring it all the time, respect the team, nobody is better than another or gets special treatment.

I can only assume Rhule was using the podium apply some positive peer pressure on whomever it is.

• Plus1 1
53 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, I've never really understood this comment.  Is he saying that in the team competitions, there was a guy that was always late for everything and didn't contribute to his team so....he's Mr. Irrelevant...because he wasn't contributing to his team getting points?  And, now you're saying that was actually Grant?

As teach says "Mr Irrelevant" is the last guy picked (its a term coined from the NFL draft).

Throughout winter conditioning there have been different drafts and teams put together for competitions.  Rhule is saying that for the last competition teams would lose points for guys not going to class, not showing up at things, being late, etc.  And a guy who was a starter last year (Grant) was picked last by his peers because he he was a negative point producer (he couldn't be counted on as showing up on time/at all).

• Thanks 2
1 minute ago, Red Five said:

As teach says "Mr Irrelevant" is the last guy picked (its a term coined from the NFL draft).

Throughout winter conditioning there have been different drafts and teams put together for competitions.  Rhule is saying that for the last competition teams would lose points for guys not going to class, not showing up at things, being late, etc.  And a guy who was a starter last year (Grant) was picked last by his peers because he he was a negative point producer (he couldn't be counted on as showing up on time/at all).

Well, I hope he got the message loud and clear.  We need him coming with everything he has....and that includes practice and weight room.