Are there three wins left on the schedule?

knapplc

Find Three Wins  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Midway through the season, Frost is fired and IHC Mickey Joseph has Nebraska halfway to bowl eligibility, but the meat of the schedule is upcoming.

We have three road games and three home games, beginning this Saturday in West Lafayette, IN against Purdue.

Here are the records of our remaining opponents:

Purdue - 4-2 (2-1)

Illinois - 5-1 (2-1)

Minnesota - 4-1 (1-1)

Michigan - 6-0 (3-0)

Wisconsin - 3-3 (0-2)

Iowa - 3-3 (1-2)

Is it possible to get three more wins out of these six games? If so, who do we beat?

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Midway through the season, Frost is fired and IHC Mickey Joseph has Nebraska halfway to bowl eligibility, but the meat of the schedule is upcoming.

We have three road games and three road games, beginning this Saturday in West Lafayette, IN against Purdue.

Here are the records of our remaining opponents:

Purdue - 4-2 (2-1)

Illinois - 5-1 (2-1)

Minnesota - 4-1 (1-1)

Michigan - 6-0 (3-0)

Wisconsin - 3-3 (0-2)

Iowa - 3-3 (1-2)

Is it possible to get three more wins out of these six games? If so, who do we beat?

Thats alot of road games. lol

I think we beat Iowa, Minnesota and either Illinois or Wisconsin.

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 4

3 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

In reality I don't think we get to 6 wins.  I think we win one of Purdue, Illinois, Minnesota and one of Wisconsin or Iowa.  

I agree with the bold. I think injuries will catch up to us, and I think this team is so unused to winning that Mickey won't be able to magically fix enough things to make it happen.

That said, if we are going to get to six wins, I think it'll be wins against Purdue, Wisconsin and Iowa. 

And if that happens, beating Wiscy and Iowa in the same year should get Mickey a statue on Vine Street.

• Plus1 1

Trying to vote "none" but can't figure that out...

These next 6 games are the 6 best teams on our schedule.  Beating Indiana and Rutgers didn't really restore my faith as both of them are bad football teams.  I also don't think that CT will make it through the next few games and we'll be forced to start Purdy/Smothers for a couple games.  Add then toss in the Whipple stuff...

Our best chance is Iowa since their offense is so anemic, but I am not sure we'll be able to score 10 points vs them.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2

It is the Big Ten West...yes there are 3 wins left.  They can win out except for Michigan.

A few weeks ago people thought Minny was amazing and we found out when PJ doesn't have his 10th year RB that he is trying to murder that they suck.

PU has a QB that is a fragile as most of the posters in game day prayer thread.

Wisconsin can't find the endzone

Illinois just lost their QB

Iowa can't beat SDSU

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 3

One more win means the team upsets someone (yes, even Iowa). I'd be happy with that. 

OL Coaching and Overall Depth aren't going to get fixed this year. Every team we play from here on out is going to be favored on a neutral site. Maybe we catch a team at a good time situationally, but I don't see it. We've got a WR Coach coaching the team, a ST Coach calling the defense, and we'll probably have an analyst calling the offense as soon as this week. I'm grading on a curve this year.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Illinois just lost their QB

This could be one of the biggest factors that could get us to a bowl, but the thing is that game is on 10/29 and they have a bye week on 10/22.

If he's healthy in that one I think they'll beat us (again for the third year in a row).

7 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

I hope we play well in all the games, but the Iowa game is the biggie. Hopefully we're healthy, and we roll into Iowa City and Mickey puts an end to this horrible streak they have on us. This is probably our best chance in a long time.

Really?

NU had them down like 21-6 last year and it was one of the best teams that Iowa has ever had...it took basicallly two-three miracles for them to beat NU who was starting a back up QB.

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 2
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Really?

NU had them down like 21-6 last year and it was one of the best teams that Iowa has ever had...it took basicallly two-three miracles for them to beat NU who was starting a back up QB.

Gawd, I forgot we were up 2 scores. Ugh.

You have a point, but they just seem like they're struggling a lot more this year. Their offensive line actually looks worse than ours if that's possible

• TBH 1