Are there three wins left on the schedule?

knapplc

Find Three Wins  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We aren't winning three games with this offensive line.  If we somehow do, give Mickey the job 100% as that is a miracle.  The defense has looked better, but they are going to start getting beat again, first with the pass this weekend and then run all over in subsequent weeks. Illinois, Minny and Michigan will run and run and run some more and we aren't setup to handle that. 

• Plus1 2
21 hours ago, teachercd said:

Really?

NU had them down like 21-6 last year and it was one of the best teams that Iowa has ever had...it took basicallly two-three miracles for them to beat NU who was starting a back up QB.

Was at that game. A 3 win team with half a staff and a backup QB had them on the ropes, and their fans were acting like they won the Super Bowl. 

I’m with ya teach. The B1G West is not the murderer’s row they get made out to be. 

Just now, Fru said:

Was at that game. A 3 win team with half a staff and a backup QB had them on the ropes, and their fans were acting like they won the Super Bowl. 

I’m with ya teach. The B1G West is not the murderer’s row they get made out to be. 

Ha...That is what makes Iowa fans so funny and so sad.

It is great to see their fans finally turning on Kurt and Barta.  The nepotism thing is really pissing them off, which I get and it makes such an easy target.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Ha...That is what makes Iowa fans so funny and so sad.

It is great to see their fans finally turning on Kurt and Barta.  The nepotism thing is really pissing them off, which I get and it makes such an easy target.

It’s kinda poetic how Iowa and Wisconsin fans have been hammering Neb for years for moving on from coaches who won 9 games. Funny how things work out. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

1 minute ago, Fru said:

It’s kinda poetic how Iowa and Wisconsin fans have been hammering Neb for years for moving on from coaches who won 9 games. Funny how things work out. 

You almost have to feel bad for Iowa fans...

They either keep Kurt and stick with lame teams and in years when they actually have to play good teams from the East they struggle to get 6 wins...

Or you can him (or retire him) and get a new coach in that will probably be about the same or worse.

10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

You almost have to feel bad for Iowa fans...

They either keep Kurt and stick with lame teams and in years when they actually have to play good teams from the East they struggle to get 6 wins...

Or you can him (or retire him) and get a new coach in that will probably be about the same or worse.

Almost. 

I’ll have to check but I think his buyout is pretty steep. Not sure if Iowa has deep enough pockets to move on. Promoting Parker would probably be the move. But if they can’t move on from Kirk, can Parker possibly be lured away? Have to imagine he’s getting looks. 

1 minute ago, Fru said:

Almost. 

I’ll have to check but I think his buyout is pretty steep. Not sure if Iowa has deep enough pockets to move on. Promoting Parker would probably be the move. But if they can’t move on from Kirk, can Parker possibly be lured away? Have to imagine he’s getting looks. 

Iowa fans seem to think that KF and Barta are sort of "in on it" together, like Barta gives KF crazy huge deals every two years and KF (who is actually in charge) sings the praises of Barta...makes sense, they both get rich.

And you are right, his buyout, is big.

24 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Iowa fans seem to think that KF and Barta are sort of "in on it" together, like Barta gives KF crazy huge deals every two years and KF (who is actually in charge) sings the praises of Barta...makes sense, they both get rich.

And you are right, his buyout, is big.

http://amp.thecomeback.com/ncaa/college-football-world-reacts-kirk-ferentz-buyout.html

Article from this summer says $48m.

Brian makes $900k/yr as possibly the worst OC of all time. Parker makes $595k/yr as an excellent DC. 

Things could get very interesting in Iowa City. 

7 minutes ago, Fru said:

http://amp.thecomeback.com/ncaa/college-football-world-reacts-kirk-ferentz-buyout.html

Article from this summer says $48m.

Brian makes $900k/yr as possibly the worst OC of all time. Parker makes $595k/yr as an excellent DC. 

Things could get very interesting in Iowa City. 

50 million dollar buy out...FOR A COACH THAT NO ONE HAS EVEN SORT OF FLIRTED WITH IN AT LEAST 15 years!  

Barta is amazing.

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

50 million dollar buy out...FOR A COACH THAT NO ONE HAS EVEN SORT OF FLIRTED WITH IN AT LEAST 15 years!  

Barta is amazing.

I read an article a year or two ago that said Kirk's agent might be the best one in the country based alone on the deal he's negotiated with Barta over the years.  I'm inclined to believe him. 

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I read an article a year or two ago that said Kirk's agent might be the best one in the country based alone on the deal he's negotiated with Barta over the years.  I'm inclined to believe him. 

I really think that the two decided, a good 10 years ago...to just look out for each other...

"I won't leave, we know fan expectations are lame here, you keep giving me great deals, we will both keep our jobs for a long time"

• Plus1 2