Are there three wins left on the schedule?

knapplc

Find Three Wins  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I just popped over to look at the Big 10 stats and had no idea how horrible Iowa was.

Six games into the season and they are dead last in every offensive category. At 238 total yards a game they are 100 yards worse than the next worst team, Rutgers. That must be miserable to watch. We consider Nebraska's OL a disaster, but we're a mid-pack offensive team at 415 yards a game, about 40 yards behind Michigan. 

But the Huskers are definitely trolling the bottom of all Big 10 defensive stats. I'm going to take the last two second halves as signs of meaningful improvement, but I think our chances the rest of the season are going to hinge on the defense not forcing the offense to play from behind. 

Yes, they are horrible and Kirk is feeling pressure more than ever, to fire his son. On the other hand, their defense is amazing and Illinois is statistically better. Rutgers defense is not good at all, and we struggled mightily. Surprised that Thompson is still standing. if I was him I would take a holiday when we play a few of these teams And call it a personal wellness day

18 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Bit of an asterisk next to that, though:

Yards allowed under Frost:

Northwestern: 527

North Dakota: 306

Georgia Southern: 642

Yards allowed under Mickey:

Oklahoma: 580

Indiana: 290

Rutgers: 348

Points allowed under Frost:

Northwestern: 31

North Dakota: 17

Georgia Southern: 45

Points allowed under Mickey:

Oklahoma: 49

Indiana: 21

Rutgers: 13

Point taken but there’s another double asterisk **

** We still have the same players and MJs ability to change things mid season is rather limited. I’d love to be proven wrong.

• Plus1 1

The defense is trending right BUT the competition level is not.  The first 6 teams are going to finish as about .400 win % combined. The last 6 about .600.  There’s  about 1 bowl team (OU) in the first six. Probably 5 in the last 6. 

The defenses we face will likely ALL be better than any we have faced.  

Iowa appears most beatable but we play them last.  They could get marginally better in 5 more games.  But we could easily collapse from

exhaustion before we get there.  

Absent injuries to key guys, the rest of our schedule is probably 10-20 points better than we are now.  

Our last two wins were mostly a result of teams with struggling offenses unable to react to our defensive schematic ‘surprises’.  The secrecy is over.  

Our O line is getting worse (owned really).   I suspect our O line gets pancaked more than it pancakes.  Ugh.  How can that be fixed?  I see no way, sadly.  

I look back to the NW and GASo losses and wish for do-overs.  But no teams left are worse than ANY (except OU which is now in free fall / collapse).   They may be hiring a new HC soon.  We are leaving fired coaches in our wake but NOT for the right reasons.  

I can wish and hope but 1 or 2 wins maybe about 1 or 2 more than we get.   Sickens me to say it but ???

I don't really see a path to victory over Purdue unless Nebraska wins a completely buckwild game like 45-42 or something to that effect.  I do think Nebraska has a punchers chance with a bye week to rest up over a very one dimensional Illinois team, although the problem is their one dimension is maybe the best RB in the Big Ten.  Seriously, Chase Brown is a freaking hammer.  If they can escape relatively unscathed they'll have a shot against Minny especially if Ibrahim is out.

Michigan is going to beat Nebraska like they stole something and that carry over is going to affect NU against Wisconsin.  Iowa?  Who the heck knows but it would be sweet to knock them off.

Best case scenario is 3 wins IMO, most realistic to me is 1 win.  The koolaid in me thinks Nebraska sneaks 2 with Iowa being one of those wins.

• Plus1 1

TBH:  I don't feel confident against any of the teams we face in the remainder of the schedule.  I think we eek out 2 more wins but I have a hard time figuring the 3rd.   At the beginning of the year, I never would have thought that those 2 wins might be vs Wisky and Iowa - put that is who I selected.  Iowa is laying a turd and Wiscy is going to have to rebound after their 'Frank Solich" was fired.  

I think our players will run through a wall for MJ, but our OL will styme our offense and I think our D will have a much more difficult time with the Big 10 offenses now that the easy part of our schedule has been completed (OU being the exception to easy - wish we could play OU now after their collapse and MJ's turnaround) . 

Beating 'powerhouses' Rutgers and Indiana may highten our hopes but reality hits with the next game.  Purdy has been playing well and Coach B has Illinois believing.  Mini has had our number and they are playing decent.  

Injuries and lack of quality depth will take its toll and I hope we have enough gas in the tank after a most likely Michigan beat down to overcome Wisky and Iowa. 

I think we have a better opportunity to beat Iowa vs Wisky.  We'll seen what Wisky's interim HC does to motivate them.   It would be great to beat them both for once. 

The best part of College football is we have seen almost any thing can happen. 

Not saying we will beat the Mighty Michigan but they did struggle with Iowa, win a 1 score game with Maryland and was in a tight game with Indiana for a while.

The only team I feel that would completely woodshed us is Ohio State. 

Illinois is playing better but they scored nine on what everyone is calling the worst Iowa team ever and beat Maryland by 2 and Indiana by 3.

Any thing can happen, we get 3 more win or lose the next 6. 

Cannot vote as the None option isn't working.  Don't get me wrong Mickey has done more than I thought possible considering what was left after Frost's departure, but the level of competition going forward is so much higher than we've seen with the possible exception of Oklahoma.  Mickey cannot fix the Offensive line, where they're not only weak, but also where they have precious little depth.  If we're lucky Mickey will at least keep us from being blown out, but sadly we've hit the WIN ceiling for the year.

• Plus1 3

In my mind it all comes down to match ups. How does Nebraska's strengths line up against the other team's weaknesses and vise versa. We win at offensive skill positions across the rest of the games. If we can get our guys going, then we have a chance. We lose at the offensive line and defensive line against most of the rest of the teams. If another team's strength is the d-line we probably will struggle to score and lose a close low scoring game. If another team's strength is the o-line, we will probably not be able to stop them from scoring and lose in lopsided fashioned 40- 21 or something like that. If the other team is Michigan we probably lose 60-3. 

• Haha 1