New Radio Color Guy

14 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Her voice is not a radio voice but she is quite capable.  She is an expert as a Athletics Dept spokeswoman.   But it comes off very canned and scripted.  I suppose most broadcasting is scripted but in the case of sports, maybe a little more spontaneity would be good.  It’s OK to cheerlead but being serious, Frank and honest is important.  

Im afraid Benning will come off in these broadcasts as he has in those spring games.  He often presents brash know it all assertions that usually are not close to correct.  It’s fine to complement or criticize a player but be correct, not biased personally.    He’s so opinionated and particularly high on himself.   I will give it a listen but I’m afraid this dreadful

season just got more dreadful.  It’ll be especially tough for him if the losses get bigger now .   Imo.  

I think what might work against her is that she was the new personality after so many personalities that were enjoyed, were removed. No matter who the replacement for the old Sports Nightly crew was they wouldn't be as well liked. 

I think Jessica does good just wish she had been added on the existing SN team. 

As for Damon doing color I think he will do good! I enjoyed hearing him on 1620 in the mornings. 

I enjoyed Matt for most of his time doing color. Good luck to him in the future.