Former Greats poopooing on the the late 90s?

Aight, I may be the only one that feels this way, so if I'm out of line, feel free to call me out.  Frost didn't work for various reason, some maybe most of which, seem to be his own doing. That said, I'm starting to get the vibe that the Huskers of the late 80's early 90's have taken the reigns are are moving out any of the Husker greats that came after them. Frost replaced with Joseph-ish, now Davison replaced by Benning etc. I get the vibe that the guys "who reached the pinnacle," '93, '94, '95 look down on those who came after and weren't able to sustain. - Maybe its just the situation with Frost, but Davison was on board long before. Anyways, just the vibe I'm getting, maybe its just the way the articles announcing such changes are written. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, hskrpwr13 said:

They did win the NC in "97, and was one win away from playing NC in '96. Then of course there was the NC game for the 2001 season. Unsure your logic holds water. 

And one fumble (texa$$) from playing in and most likely winning the NC in 1999 - one of the 3 best Neb teams not to win the NC (1982, 1983)

• Plus1 1

There is no movement or conspiracy. If anything, it is simply the result of “some” players, who happened to play at the height of the dynasty, being dissatisfied with how things have gone since….much like most fans who are older than 30ish. There is no “moving out” of Husker greats post 95ish. It’s just  an understandable reaction to the past 20 years.

Joseph replaced Frost because Frost sucked. Davison got replaced because he probably wasn’t qualified for his job in the AD and because he contributed to and was too close to the Frost situation. Nothing else.

• Plus1 2