Blackshirts will not return this season per MJ

I don't agree with shelving them for the season. Seems overkill. The fans like them, the defense likes them, they are a culture point. Yes, the Blackshirt culture is dead.. But so is Husker football, I don't see anybody taking that away for the season. I think this is a miss by Mickey, but he doesn't have to be perfect I suppose. I would have just not given them back if I didn't want to deal with the whats or the whys, but to state they are gone for the year is.. Killing the dream for no reason., But alas, I'll be here behind my keyboard when he's ready to come ask me about it.

• Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Make it something where you earn a blackshirt designation after the year...basically an internal All-Conference award.

Defensive players get a game score after every game, just define the average score needed in combination with number of plays required to be eligible and its a recognition award. Makes you eligible to be voted a captain next year, etc

Or if want to be a complete d!(k, your scholarship is based on it...lol, that's a joke...or is it?