South Stadium Renovation

Mavric

The scale of the project was alluded to by Alberts when he mentioned that some fans would be "displaced."

But HOL is citing a source saying that they are looking at a project on the $300M scale (twice the new building in progress) and that South Stadium would not be used for seating for at least one year, maybe two.

I'm surprised that it would be on that type of a scale.  But that's probably what you have to do to make a significant improvement.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

15 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If they are planning on making wholesale changes to what the South Stadium is like, it's probably not as easy as just chopping off the top half of the seating section and adding a beer soda garden area at the top.  

FIFY

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If they are planning on making wholesale changes to what the South Stadium is like, it's probably not as easy as just chopping off the top half of the seating section and adding a beer garden area at the top.  

I think you pretty much have to tear down the entire south stadium and start over. It extends so far laterally and all the support columns are kinda small; it would probably cost more to engineer a structure over, around, and through it than to tear it down and start over.

I'm guessing it's probably going to get suites, locker rooms, and a nice big Husker Vision screen as well.

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I think you pretty much have to tear down the entire south stadium and start over. It extends so far laterally and all the support columns are kinda small; it would probably cost more to engineer a structure over, around, and through it than to tear it down and start over.

I'm guessing it's probably going to get suites, locker rooms, and a nice big Husker Vision screen as well.

Hope they don't make the visiting locker room too nice.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1