South Stadium Renovation

Mavric

1 minute ago, Micheal said:

I'm really pumped to see what happens with Memorial in the future! 

I like what Southern Mississippi did on the end of their stadium. Just supersize it in Lincoln. 

Has bleacher seating, chair back exterior seating, suite seating, concourse areas and porch like open areas. 

Website-Photo_USM.jpg

Did Brett Favre steal welfare money to get that paid for too?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Easier to extend the sellout streak:D

Yes, because their research showed that there are more people willing to spend a little more for club seats. 

I would love to have club seats.  If I was living close enough to Lincoln that I would go to all the games, I would strongly consider getting club seats. 

• Plus1 2

On 12/14/2022 at 5:16 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Yes, because their research showed that there are more people willing to spend a little more for club seats. 

I would love to have club seats.  If I was living close enough to Lincoln that I would go to all the games, I would strongly consider getting club seats. 

Easy there money bags! No need to brag about the size of your billfold.

My uncle is fairly well connected and owns corporate/club seats underneath South Stadium. He said he hasn't seen any plans or know exactly what it will physically look like but there's a plan in place for South stadium to get a concourse and more box/suite tickets. Not sure if that's just chopping off the top, adding a second deck or what.

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

My uncle is fairly well connected and owns corporate/club seats underneath South Stadium. He said he hasn't seen any plans or know exactly what it will physically look like but there's a plan in place for South stadium to get a concourse and more box/suite tickets. Not sure if that's just chopping off the top, adding a second deck or what.

My understanding is that was the initial plan but the existing structure will not support it so it will be a full phased rebuild

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2022 at 3:07 PM, BaytownHusker said:

Bring back the Natural Grass Field. 

... and joined Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, OU, Ohio State (proposed changing to natural grass in 2024 or 2025 off-season), etc. plus NFL Arrowhead, Mile High, Soldiers, Lambeau Field, etc.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34892255/rams-wr-cooper-kupp-all-nfl-games-played-grass

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

... and joined Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, OU, Ohio State (proposed changing to natural grass in 2024 or 2025 off-season), etc. plus NFL Arrowhead, Mile High, Soldiers, Lambeau Field, etc.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34892255/rams-wr-cooper-kupp-all-nfl-games-played-grass

Give it a rest. This isnt the 80s, 90s, early 2000s of field turf and grass up in the north absolutely sucks to play on

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
4 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Just read an article about the new turf a lot of NFL stadiums have.  Think it's called link turf.   Players hate it and feel it has caused a lot of knee injuries.  

Injury rates are almost identical on both turf and grass

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, GSG said:

Injury rates are almost identical on both turf and grass

Depends on the turf type. I know the Lions (along with a few other NFL teams) have an older version that is notorious for non contact injuries. I think it has something to do with the artificial blades not giving/breaking like natural grass so the force is transferred into the soft tissue of the player.