*** Official Purdue Game Thread ***

4 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Inflated sense of self. No doubt Purdue earned the win. But clearly a team with flaws. Would have been very interesting to see how they would have done had we had Heinrich & Reimer for the whole game. I strongly doubt they would have been able to call 100+ plays offensively

Yep as soon as I heard riemer was out…image.gif.55c17a6efa9d311992e1cedec9156f2d.gif 

You make big plays to get to the 4 yard line, with 1st and goal.

How come we couldn't run it 4 straight times?  Instead, we threw it 3 times, got not yards, and kicked a field goal.

I hated that.  And it's not fair to 2nd guess play calling when something doesn't work.  We don't 2nd guess when something does work.  But from the 4 yard line???... all I thought about was running it 4 times without trickery and extra motion stuff.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Scofrosghost said:

Another week of watching our Oline implode and Thompson not taking advantage of it. Can you just step up and run please. I feel like if Thompson and Martinez had a baby we would be in contention for the conference championship every year said love child plays

We’ve had an uncomfortable amount of ‘making babies’ suggestions with players and coaches. You guys feeling ok?   Everything alright at home?

9 minutes ago, admo said:

How come we couldn't run it 4 straight times?  Instead, we threw it 3 times, got not yards, and kicked a field goal.

I hated that.  And it's not fair to 2nd guess play calling when something doesn't work.  We don't 2nd guess when something does work.  But from the 4 yard line???... all I thought about was running it 4 times without trickery and extra motion stuff.  

Two of those plays should have been TDs. 

• Plus1 3

11 minutes ago, admo said:

I was baffled by that.  Line up and run the ball 4 times.  TD most likely....

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, admo said:

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Two of those plays should have been TDs. 

2 should have, but I think running it would have had better odds. Then again with our line…:blink:

Is that on MJ or Whip? I think the consensus think it’s MJ.

5 minutes ago, GlobalHusker said:

2 should have, but I think running it would have had better odds. Then again with our line…:blink:

Is that on MJ or Whip? I think the consensus think it’s MJ.

MJ has shown he’s not going publicly call out his OC. The calls are Whips. The 3rd down call should have been a TD, and the 2nd down pass could have been a TD. It is what it is. 

• Plus1 1