*** Official Purdue Game Thread ***

Just now, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Waterboy.  You have very little football knowledge. I laugh at some of your posts. Sorry if you don't like.  Pull up your big boy pants.

Waterboy isn’t very original either:dunno

maybe you don’t quite get that 43 points and 38 first downs given up isn’t quite outstanding defense.  Arena football this is not.   It’s ok though.  Not everybody knows this.  

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Time of Possession

Purdue: 42:42

Nebraska: 17:18

Total offensive plays

Purdue: 101

Nebraska: 52

The fact that we only lost by six is kind of crazy. Add in consideration of all our injured coming in and leaving during the game… kind of impressive on our boys. I mean Phelan Sanford was playing meaningful time on defense for most of the game. Would not have expected that at all to start the year. Hope it’s only better from here, this bye week is needed badly. 

Mightve tried throwing Tommie Hill back in at Safety.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

I do agree that MJ is doing a pretty good job and should be considered and even the front runner right now.  I think he could bring in his brother Vance as co D-C and keep Busch as co.  I don't like Whipple.  I don't know if I really think that CAsey is the anwer next season either.  I would prefer a dual threat QB. 

We are lacking athletes from A-Z.  We have some pieces, but not enough.  This is not on Mickey.  I would love to see Mickey have some more pieces and then see what this team could be.  We have not recruited enough defenders of quality.  Our linebackers are not really D-1 linebackers like other schools have. 

Our O and D lines are not Big 10 quality either.  When you add all this up, were lucky to even be where we are right now.  I don't think Minny, Wisky, and Iowa are very good.  I still think we have a chance to win 3 more and get bowl bound. 

4 minutes ago, 308_Husker said:

The spread was 14. We would have lost by 20 under Frost. The kids didn't quit.

So yes, things have changed.

What's the opposite of rose colored glasses?? This looked like every game I've watched Nebraska play in the big 10 across the Frost tenure. Somehow now Frost got blown out in every game, but also set the world record for one score losses? Sorry, I don't live in a world of make belief. If Frost was here 99% chance we lose this game by 1 score.

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1