What did we learn? Purdue

Just now, Mavric said:

Except that he was:

Yeah… and how many snaps did he miss this game because of injury? I recall only the last five minutes where he was walked off the field for a few plays and still came back in. Otherwise, he was on the field the whole game. And only had to be helped off after he had played the 60-70+ snaps. 

I get your point, but it’s not disproving my original post that our defense facing so many plays over the course of the season has a correlation to our best players being more susceptible to injury. I hope the coaches use the bye week to develop some strategies to have better balance to time of possession and snap counts. Failure to do so and we will likely see more talent-limited walk-ons playing in crunch time 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Wistrom Disciple said:

Yeah… and how many snaps did he miss this game because of injury? I recall only the last five minutes where he was walked off the field for a few plays and still came back in. Otherwise, he was on the field the whole game. And only had to be helped off after he had played the 60-70+ snaps. 

I get your point, but it’s not disproving my original post that our defense facing so many plays over the course of the season has a correlation to our best players being more susceptible to injury. I hope the coaches use the bye week to develop some strategies to have better balance to time of possession and snap counts. Failure to do so and we will likely see more talent-limited walk-ons playing in crunch time 

So you inist I'm making stuff up and then when you're shown to be wrong you just move the goalposts.

Good times.

• Plus1 2

Next year is going to be very bad.  

Nothing will change this year; it is the same story against a different team, every week.

OL cannot run block

OL cannot pass protect at all

The defense cannot get off the field 

The defense is awful against the run (Mockabee?? Whoo??)

The defense is almost as awful against the pass (there is some hope)

The safeties suck

The defense cannot put pressure on the QB, sack him, knock him down

It's the same story every week. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, admo said:

Nothing will change this year; it is the same story against a different team, every week.

OL cannot run block

The safeties suck

This is why this is a complete rebuild. It can be done in 2-3 years, but it’s not an instant fix. 

• Plus1 3

Just now, Mavric said:

So you inist I'm making stuff up and then when you're shown to be wrong you just move the goalposts.

Good times.

Mav… did Charlie Jones start the game and play all four quarters? Thanks.

It’s not moving the goalposts. You’re playing a stretched hypothetical game of “ifs”. 

You clearly are reading what you want to see and ignoring the main point of the post. More snaps= more collisions = greater chance of injury. 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, admo said:

OL cannot run block

The safeties suck

Agree much but I wouldn’t throw in the towel for next year.  We see what a few new players and improved players can bring positive change. I think the OL is the biggest issue as that unit needs to get much better and one guy can’t fix it.  I bring in some impact players on defense.  The way we play defense is embarrassing and I understand why MJ took the Blackshirts away. We can’t pressure or sack or shoot a gap. The DL and LBs really need some difference makers. No speed or explosiveness anywhere on the front 7 and we get smashed in the running game and no pressure allows QBs to pick us apart, Purdue and Georgia Southern included.

5 hours ago, admo said:

OL cannot run block

The safeties suck

FIFY