What did we learn? Purdue

8 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

I don't disagree with anything else you said. But how has this become a narrative? Frost didn't work but it wasn't because his teams folded. In fact the only reason he got.a 2 game prove it stint this year is because as Trev noted in his press conference, '

"Frost's teams didn't quit." This revisionist history is nonsense. 

Frost didn't do a good job, but his teams didn't fold. Sorry, carry on.

Yeah, this is becoming a thing now.

How the team, under Frost always quit and got blown out.

And how Frost basically had an IV of Fireball stuck in his arm.

Husker fans get a bit crazy.

• Plus1 3

7 hours ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Yeah… and how many snaps did he miss this game because of injury? I recall only the last five minutes where he was walked off the field for a few plays and still came back in. Otherwise, he was on the field the whole game. And only had to be helped off after he had played the 60-70+ snaps. 

I get your point, but it’s not disproving my original post that our defense facing so many plays over the course of the season has a correlation to our best players being more susceptible to injury. I hope the coaches use the bye week to develop some strategies to have better balance to time of possession and snap counts. Failure to do so and we will likely see more talent-limited walk-ons playing in crunch time 

They are facing so many plays because they suck from the starting whistle.  If the defense could get stops, and we were not playing catch up,  the offense would have the opportunity to bleed the clock a bit more.   

• TBH 2

Whether it's Mickey or not, there will be a huge overhaul on our sideline. 

Raiola - replaced

Dawson - replaced

Ruud - replaced

Does Busch continue as DC?

Whipple probably retires, and then what?

Purdy and Smothers are not effective passers. What kind of offense could we even install with the guys we have? Palmer is a 2nd-rounder at worst, so he's gone, too.

I like Mickey, but there are just too many variables. 

8 hours ago, krc1995 said:

What was wrong with Benning?

In my opinion Benning is great when it comes to the X’s and O’s, much better than Matt. He doesn’t have nearly the energy Matt does though. I think after Palmer’s huge touchdown to get us back in the game he was so monotone.  With all the huge plays Matt would I’ve been going crazy and I missed that. That and Matt had a good voice for the radio. It just wasn’t the same!

1 minute ago, Jeremy said:

Whether it's Mickey or not, there will be a huge overhaul on our sideline. 

Raiola - replaced

Dawson - replaced

Ruud - replaced

Does Busch continue as DC?

Whipple probably retires, and then what?

Purdy and Smothers are not effective passers. What kind of offense could we even install with the guys we have? Palmer is a 2nd-rounder at worst, so he's gone, too.

I like Mickey, but there are just too many variables. 

There would be a big overhaul of coaches and players - just the way the game is today. 

Thompson, Grant, Palmer, Vokolek will all be gone...defense basically returns everyone but the talent isn't there for most of them. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Farms said:

In my opinion Benning is great when it comes to the X’s and O’s, much better than Matt. He doesn’t have nearly the energy Matt does though. I think after Palmer’s huge touchdown to get us back in the game he was so monotone.  With all the huge plays Matt would I’ve been going crazy and I missed that. That and Matt had a good voice for the radio. It just wasn’t the same!

I like DB but he gets too cerebral. 

16 minutes ago, Display name said:

I learned all NIL money should go to offense and defense lines after we are good there and only after we should try and get skill players 

We as fans can make that happen.  NIL money doesn’t have to come through the  collectives.  And if it comes through us, all the money would go to the players. 

9 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

There are a lot of bad athletes playing with no depth whatsoever. I don’t get why Ruud gets no criticism for the ILB play. There have been no development and depth in his tenure.

Dude has developed no one. he should have been on the chopping block way earlier than this.  Same with Dawson.

9 hours ago, krc1995 said:

This may be a bad team, but not so much because they are bad athletes, but because they are the leftover debris from multiple position coaches.  They are a band of misfits.  It’s is obvious of how little coaching they have had prior to MJ-so hats off to him for just doing things that we expect coaches to do.  MJ, Whip, Busch and co. have done an admirable job making the most of the hand they were dealt. 
And I’m really pissed that SF could have fixed ST all along.  Dude made off like a bank robber.  I think my hate for him is just starting. 

Seeing what Frost left us with and what he walked away with is a complete joke.  Dude stole from NU for 4+ years.  He turned out to be a complete fraud.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

They are facing so many plays because they suck from the starting whistle.  If the defense could get stops, and we were not playing catch up,  the offense would have the opportunity to bleed the clock a bit more.   

I don’t disagree that they haven’t been performing well very for a good chunk of the season. However, the coaches need to find a way to bring better balance or else we will likely continue to have these slugfests where we’re relying on true freshmen or unproven walk-ons to make critical plays at the end of games.