Is Trey Palmer at the very least a second round NFL draft day wr?

I know there is alot of football left but do you think that Trey Palmer if he was to leave after the season for the NFL he is at least a second round pick? I ask bc he leads the nation rn in yardage and if he keeps playing this way he will be an all conference first team wr. Rn he is ranked by Pro Football Focus as the number 1 wr in the nation. His overall rank is 89.5. Also by  I started this topic bc I definitely want to keep him around for one more year to help NU but I think rn he is at the very least a second round draft choice. 

Just now, Huskerfollower4life said:

I know there is alot of football left but do you think that Trey Palmer if he was to leave after the season for the NFL he is at least a second round pick? I ask bc he leads the nation rn in yardage and if he keeps playing this way he will be an all conference first team wr. Rn he is ranked by Pro Football Focus as the number 1 wr in the nation. His overall rank is 89.5. Also by the end of the year if he doesn't get hurt he will go down as having the single best wr season at Nebraska ever. I started this topic bc I definitely want to keep him around for one more year to help NU but I think rn he is at the very least a second round draft choice. 

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I know there is alot of football left but do you think that Trey Palmer if he was to leave after the season for the NFL he is at least a second round pick? I ask bc he leads the nation rn in yardage and if he keeps playing this way he will be an all conference first team wr. Rn he is ranked by Pro Football Focus as the number 1 wr in the nation. His overall rank is 89.5. Also by  I started this topic bc I definitely want to keep him around for one more year to help NU but I think rn he is at the very least a second round draft choice. 

3 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Checking some NFL draft rankings this morning, Palmer is still way down the WR rankings.  I am not sure how much these services update their rankings on a weekly basis, but if Palmer keeps putting up big numbers, he will garner some attention.  If he is able to sneak into the top 3 rounds, I think it would be worth him going pro, but he still has a long ways to go.

6 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

So if people have doubts about how good he is and is nfl draft stock is not up to par like some predict does he stay another year?

Comes down to his relationship with Mickey. You can't argue Mickey's track record with WR's right now. If he believes in and trusts Mickey, he will likely follow whatever recommendation Mickey offers. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

So if people have doubts about how good he is and is nfl draft stock is not up to par like some predict does he stay another year?

It's too early to tell.  He played so little at LSU, that there isn't much film on him.  Now he's producing, but it's against average to below-average talent in NU's opponents so far this season.  If he continues to produce like he is, the scouts will look at his film, and travel to his games to see in person.

The big games for Trey will be against Michigan, Wisconsin, and Iowa.  Those teams (especially Michigan) will have NFL caliber talent which scouts can use to compare Palmer against.

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It's too early to tell.  He played so little at LSU, that there isn't much film on him.  Now he's producing, but it's against average to below-average talent in NU's opponents so far this season.  If he continues to produce like he is, the scouts will look at his film, and travel to his games to see in person.

The big games for Trey will be against Michigan, Wisconsin, and Iowa.  Those teams (especially Michigan) will have NFL caliber talent which scouts can use to compare Palmer against.

I understand that but if the o-line gets worst against tougher competition and he doesn't have great stats is it really his fault? We seen throughout the year that Casey struggles if he doesn't have time.

3 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I understand that but if the o-line gets worst against tougher competition and he doesn't have great stats is it really his fault? We seen throughout the year that Casey struggles if he doesn't have time.

NFL scouts don't look at stats.  They look at film to see if he's getting open, his route-running techniques, and what he is doing against NFL-caliber defenders.

• TBH 2