Coleman commits to Nebraska

Be interesting to see how this pans out, but it can’t hurt our offense by any means. Also good from a recruiting standpoint. Shows that there is top 100 talent locally and that we can keep top 100 talent home. If we can’t recruit local talent how are we going to convince good players from across the country to play here. 

Seems to me that for Coleman to commit he is confident MJ is staying in some compacity.   Otherwise, why commit at this early stage- let things play out.  

Maybe Trev has his guy picked out. The guy has committed to keeping MJ. Or maybe MJ has secured the HC position - doubtful at this point and I think it would be announced if that was the case. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, Bad2theBONES said:

Does this increase the chances Mickey can flip Raiola? 

That would be great but doubtful. Honestly I’d rather see us rabidly recruiting OLine. Skill players are nice but as proof positive from this season it’s hard for them to produce consistently without a high caliber line

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

21 hours ago, MasterPulverizer said:

It seems like he knows something about the future head coach. It’s not Mickey because I think they would have announced he’s the new guy, but to me, it indicates he knows Mickey is sticking around because the new head coach wants to retain him. 

This is a huge get for Nebraska. This kid could have played anywhere. 

I dont think any one knows s#!t.  Coleman can easily decommit and go elsewhere, this announcement doesnt lock s#!t up officially until he signs and steps on campus

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, gossamorharpy said:

I dont think any one knows s#!t.  Coleman can easily decommit and go elsewhere, this announcement doesnt lock s#!t up officially until he signs and steps on campus

Even then it doesn't mean anything due to the transfer portal. McCaffery was a member of three different season in one off-season. Players can play 4 games then quit if they don't like how things are going and preserve their eligibility. Really don't know why they sign anymore. It means crap.