Illinois Week Pressers

On 10/25/2022 at 9:53 AM, ColoradoHusk said:

It's not a huge deal, and I would be saying the same regardless who said it, but it's something that shouldn't be done.  The coaches know the rules, and they shouldn't openly violate them, even when it's a minor violation.  As knapplc mentioned, it's something that can be resolved by self-reporting.

Misery death penalty incoming.

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

What happened to Chris Hickman? Is he off the team?

As @Red Fivecommented, Hickman was a classic tweener.  Between injuries and his overall body make-up, he wasn't able to put on the necessary weight/bulk for tight end, and he wasn't fast enough to be a big WR on the outside.  I expect him to be moved out, as he should probably be close to graduating, and his girlfriend (Nicklin Hames) is done with volleyball after this semester, too.

1 hour ago, hskrpwr13 said:

I'd have to go back and look at last year's games (specifically Iowa), but I don't recall Smothers looking as unskilled or unprepared as Purdy did today. Obviously, I don't see what's going on in practice.

It’s obvious.  Whipple wants a Chubby and Mickey wants Smothers.  Whipple won that argument in the 3rd.  

6 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

It’s obvious.  Whipple wants a Chubby and Mickey wants Smothers.  Whipple won that argument in the 3rd.  

You didn't watch the press conference. Mickey clearly stated why they went with Smoothers then Purdy. Try the 1 minute mark if you're interested in knowing why.