*** Official Illinois Game Thread ***

Mavric

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Bret Bielema was a fantastic hire by the Illini. I don't think we're going to get a win out of this one, folks.

1 play, one series at a time. Make them earn it every inch of the way. Special teams needs to step up. Give us some favorable field position and give Illinois a long field to work with. Create some turnovers. Generate sustained drives executing effectively. Limit their rushing attack as much as possible. Make the most out of every opportunity.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Bret Bielema was a fantastic hire by the Illini. I don't think we're going to get a win out of this one, folks.

Wiscy copied NU, Brett copied Wiscy at Illinois.  We need to go back to original NU.  Strong, physical and mean as hell in the trenches.  But to your point, he has them playing at a high level for sure.  In year 2.....

25 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Will be there with my oldest.  I think his "Never seen a Husker loss in person" streak dies today.  

Illinois will not stop running the ball like Rutgers did.  And honestly this is the best front 7 the sieve that is NUs OLine has seen all year, yes far better than Boomer

Can we run like an 11 man front against them:D  Their D will be the best (or near it) we see all year.  With the highest ranked recruit class of 35 with a low of 69......Coaching matters.  A lot.

• Fire 1
3 hours ago, Gage County said:

Attach0.jpg

Beautiful!  Been raining windy and cold here...  Can't wait to watch Husker football dominate today!!!!

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Woke up this morning with the stadium outside the hotel window.  ABSOLUTELY  LOVE  Lincoln on game day. 

GBR!!!!

Have a blast brother !!!!  Go Big Red!!!

• Oh Yeah! 1