*** Official Illinois Game Thread ***

Mavric

Just now, knapplc said:

There isn't much difference. I think we have at least one more win under Joseph than we would have under Frost, but that amounts to little. 

It's the bizarre criticisms against Mickey that slay me. He's doing fine considering our talent level, level of training, and his time on the job.

Agree.  This craptastic team is surely not the result of MJ.

• TBH 1

Purdy starting the 2nd half horrible coaching decision.   Defense line unbelievably weak.  Horrible tackling (still)  Receivers dropping balls wide open.   There is no toughness on this team.  The millenial huskers is what we have.  Apparently the safe spaces are on the sideline.  See ZERO leaders on this team and that includes Reimer.    But Reimer is the only one on defense showing up.  Stupid play on that one but i'll take a team of Reimers.

Not that Mickey can change the players but they are woefully unprepared.  The great play before the half for illinois was not a great play design.  You seem Newsome sprinting out of his area to help triple team a guy while brown runs all alone in his area for an easy td.  Thats coaching and it is still being done at a high school level.

Edited by Bryon
misspells
  • Plus1 1