*** Official Illinois Game Thread ***

Mavric

Bielema is a good program builder, but he is really Pelini 2.0 as far as having true success.  Yes he won some Big 10 titles, but he did that when Michigan wasn't playing Michigan football and Ohio St when they were not what they are now.   Is this team better than those two?  NO..  Are they better than Penn St?  50/50 on that one.  Is Illinois better than most of the west right now, sure.  Like I have said a few times, this west division is the worst I have seen in many years.  Quality football not a requirement to win.

Now, is Bielema better than Pelini, yes, but is he really the guy who can win 9--10 games a year?  I don't know about that.  I will not say that after this season when Wisky is not good, Minny is not very good, Iowa sucks, Northwestern is really bad.  Bielema is actually a beneficiary of coaching in the BIg 10 when some of its power players are not doing so.  This season Wisky is down and Iowa is not very good.  Just not impressed with Illinois enough to think he is the man right now.  If Illinois wins the west this season and beats MIchigan or Ohio ST along the way then I might think differently.  So far the wins this season are not juggernaut wins.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

If after this game, Bret is not even considered, Trev is blind…he just methodically won this game by running it down our throats while we spent the entire game throwing interceptions. Please purdy enter the transfer portal, I will pay the fees if there are any.

Why would he want to come here??

• TBH 1
Just now, Nebhawk said:

Bielema is a good program builder, but he is really Pelini 2.0 as far as having true success.  Yes he won some Big 10 titles, but he did that when Michigan wasn't playing Michigan football and Ohio St when they were not what they are now.   Is this team better than those two?  NO..  Are they better than Penn St?  50/50 on that one.  Is Illinois better than most of the west right now, sure.  Like I have said a few times, this west division is the worst I have seen in many years.  Quality football not a requirement to win.

Now, is Bielema better than Pelini, yes, but is he really the guy who can win 9--10 games a year?  I don't know about that.  I will not say that after this season when Wisky is not good, Minny is not very good, Iowa sucks, Northwestern is really bad.  Bielema is actually a beneficiary of coaching in the BIg 10 when some of its power players are not doing so.  This season Wisky is down and Iowa is not very good.  Just not impressed with Illinois enough to think he is the man right now.  If Illinois wins the west this season and beats MIchigan or Ohio ST along the way then I might think differently.  So far the wins this season are not juggernaut wins.

Serious question, why would it be so bad for NU fans to accept 8-10 wins a season right now?  It’s better than what we’ve had for most of the last 20 years. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

And in a sh!tty year with the West, we are getting our teeth kicked in.  I'd take his wins in this "weak" conference any day.  And Pelini with his 9-10 wins and bowling.  Throw in admn support and he might be winning the West each year.

• Plus1 3