*** Official Illinois Game Thread ***

Mavric

Casey is part of this team and its issues.  Whipple and this coaching staff didn't have Purdy ready is part of the problem and the other part is it won't matter much with an Oline that is as bad as ours.  Palmer today was a big baby at times as well.  When he doesn't get the ball, you can litterally see him pouting as he is running off the field.  That would be the reason why he left LSU, not just for Mickey.  He is a cancer.  Bad attitude.  I think we have far too many cancerous players on this roster at the moment.  The next coach will need to evaluate this mess and weed out this roster in quick manner.

I think today was the first time since Mickey became interim that this team looked like it was done.  I think some of that was Illinois beating us at every facet of the game, but not all of it.  We won't win another game now until Iowa.  Not sure about Iowa game either right now.  We will truly see if Mickey has the pulse of this team going into next week.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Sure they can't match our history, but in what way is Nebraska a prestigious program in 2022?

Not in 2022 or any of the years since the Riley era. But you cannot deny that Nebraska is a better program than Illinois. I would bet that if given the choice for any coach between Nebraska and Illinois, they will pick Nebraska 9 out of 10 times at least.

5 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Who believes we can win 3 games to get to a bowl?

Michigan is going to blow out NU, so what makes anyone thing that NU will be able to sweep Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa?

Just now, huskerfan74 said:

Has anyone considered sonny dykes?

He isn't leaving Texas.  He did that once and he didn't do well at Cal. He has it great at TCU and will stay there until he fails.

• Plus1 1

Yes Nebraska is still a "name"    That type of cred is built up over decades, anyone ever hear that Notre Dame wasn't a top job?  NEVER.  Michigan?  NEVER.  That is built thru our lifetimes.  No one remembers Alabama sucking in the 80-90s with Perkins, DuBose, Schula.  In out NC year of 97 Bama was 4-7.   So quit that bs we're not a name program.   We lost our way like ND did with Faust and Bama did with those guys.   Eventually we will find our match and start building.  I like Micky but he's not the cat for us right now.  Last time we were truly competitive was with Callahan because he could recruit, Big X12 championship game lost by a last second field goal.  Since then we have been run out of the big moment games.

• TBH 1

Yes, the Tradition and History is great for us fans, but really current recruits and the nation overall, doesn't care about that anymore.  We fired Solich and lost all of that.  To this day, Steve Pedersen is the blame for this messing situation.  Then we fired Pelini when he was at least getting us some relevance.  Now we have none.

How freaking hard is it to hire someone who can win the West Division? 

I am still slightly rooting for Mickey, but only if he gets rid of Whipple and some other pieces.  Truthfully, if we can't get Urban Meyer, I don't know who else really can make a huge difference.  I will pose this question once again?  If we end up with Mick, does that really mean that we struck out with others?  I think that is more the story right now.  By the way, Baylor and Aranda is 4-3 this season, with now most of Aranda's recruits, not Rhules.  Let that soak in some.  Aranda might want to leave before that record next season is 3-4 or worse at this point.